TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read about some people scratching their heads over this rattle under the seat....I noticed it myself recently and after a valve adjustment had the engine running to problem solve a pinched fuel line so I looked for the rattle.

After some poking around I saw it vibrating when the RPMs drop....a loose center spacer in the top center of the monoshock spring! Got ya you pesky little gremlin!

Anyone have an idea how to get rid of it?

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Is that spacer an elastomer? Looks like a bump stop travel limiter to keep tire from hitting underside of seat, etc. Should create about a 2 3/8ths inch piston travel for stock swingarm I believe. One needs to add something like this for Banshee and other long travel shocks when modifyig them for use on the TW.

Anyways the adhesive idea sounds like a fine plan. Choose accordingly to be compatible. I would pull the loose bumper down the shaft enough to clean and then apply thick body adhesive. If you end up removing spring then it would be easy to simply increase shaft diametrer there with a few turns of electrical tape; enough to then hold loose bumper in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts