·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to g

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
That things cool! Too bad it's not lightweight enough to tow with your TW!!! Very nice find! I'm afraid to ask how much it costs. Real nice design and very efficient.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm trying to come up with something to haul TW and kayak. But NO money. Got a free travel trailer- it's junk. But I have Ideas.
I have a water heater out of my moms trailer with cracked tank. It's a propane/ electric. I'd hoped the free trailer had a good tank- it's not perfect. It has been repaired- poorly. So not sure if I'll mess with them. It's propane only.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Those trailers are really cool, but man I'm just not sure I can wrap my head around spending $6000-10,000 to still be sleeping in a tent!

I'm thinking you could achieve something similar with one of those rooftop tents, a free-standing awning, and a couple of folding tables tucked into your camper shell. Ought to cost many thousands less and you'd still have the hitch free for your TW.

http://www.cascadiatents.com/index.php?m=87&s=615

1373518035.jpg

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Saw this last year at the Biltmore BMW RA rally.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Those trailers are really cool, but man I'm just not sure I can wrap my head around spending $6000-10,000 to still be sleeping in a tent!

I'm thinking you could achieve something similar with one of those rooftop tents, a free-standing awning, and a couple of folding tables tucked into your camper shell. Ought to cost many thousands less and you'd still have the hitch free for your TW.

Could not have said it better myself.

Tom

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I slept in my Jeep Friday night. Temps dropped into the forties. I had my tent but it would have had condensation on it and maybe in it. I don't want to have mold issues so I didn't put it up. I also was concerned with the loud fireworks that my dog might damage the tent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm trying to come up with something to haul TW and kayak. But NO money. Got a free travel trailer- it's junk. But I have Ideas.
I have a water heater out of my moms trailer with cracked tank. It's a propane/ electric. I'd hoped the free trailer had a good tank- it's not perfect. It has been repaired- poorly. So not sure if I'll mess with them. It's propane only.
A subaru baja could do it, I think.

download.jpg images (1).jpg images (2).jpg

Its a 4wd 4 door car with a small pickup bed in the back.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well my Jeep will do it but I'm looking for more of a toy hauler/ camper.

Looked at this Friday- I thought it was going to be cheap. Asking 3500 for it old travel trailer frame made into this.

It's not worth more than 350.
I just got an old trailer, have thoughts of stripping it and building a short front camper and flat rear cargo area.
I also got my moms old 20 foot awning. Canvas is torn but all the rest is good.
Thought I'd try cutting it down to 10. I have some other old trailer parts, too.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The 2 that local dealer has that my Jeep could pull are Sportsman by KZ and KZ Spree. The spree is nicer but not 2500 nicer. Roughly 10,500(2013 ?model) 13,000 KZ Spree (sale price). Plus tax title blah blah blah...
3500 max weight.
But 14 inch wheels.
Even the single axle cargo trailers only have 14 inch wheels, some are 3000 some 3500.
The trailer I got has tandem axles but 15 inch wheels.
I think they are drop axles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts