Registered
1,420 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're crazy! I wana ride it.....
Lol yea right. I am crazy. If your legs are long enough you can. Holly crap it's up there. It's like riding a giraffe. I'm considering different options to lower it. My toes just barley touch the ground. It's worth the climb for 11" of suspension and just a hare under 80hp with the mods.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd ride it, just push start me or I'll simply hop on and dump the clutch....
Dumping the clutch will cause you to immediately flip right over, in fact turn the throttle to fast, same thing. I thought my cr480 was crazy this thing is just nuts. Thankfully it's electric start. I'd fall right over on my side if I had to kick it. My racks and stuff came in, if this storm isn't too bad I'll have updated pics with all the adventure stuff on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bill! Where are you in NJ? I may just need a Cat Scan! :)

Actually where do you ride?

My riding buddy sold his bike... without telling me so I couldn't talk him into keeping it. I guess the two punctured lungs and 6 broken ribs just took the fun out of it for him :(

Hey congrats on the new machine. What a beast!! I hope the weather improves so you can put some miles on it.

Bill

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
I'm guessing (without googling the answer) it 701cc? Does a Husky use the same engine as a KTM? I thought I read that once. Husky's don't seem to be as popular as KTM's but I have seen a few more popping up in ride reports. I'd be too scared to own one! Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Basically what this is showing is leaving from the front door, you can hit the road twisties and then hit the mountains (just like a TW ;) It starts off at the riders house and ends on top of a mountain. Watching it makes me wish there wasn't a actual blizzard outside right now.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm guessing (without googling the answer) it 701cc? Does a Husky use the same engine as a KTM? I thought I read that once. Husky's don't seem to be as popular as KTM's but I have seen a few more popping up in ride reports. I'd be too scared to own one! Looks good!
Thanks. For what it's worth it will never replace dubby.. ;)

It's a 690 KTM motor, the new one with the dual counter balancers' (rite in the head), dual injectors, dual plugs. Basically a full blown race motor, but very little vibration.

These days Husqvarna is dominating Enduro and doing pretty well in Motocross but I don't follow Motocross as much as Enduro. The top riders run Husqvarna now. Their stock chassis' are all full blown race components.

I'm going to turn mine into an adventure bike, racks, windscreen the whole deal. The parts are here, the build starts Saturday.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Basically what this is showing is leaving from the front door, you can hit the road twisties and then hit the mountains (just like a TW ;) It starts off at the riders house and ends on top of a mountain. Watching it makes me wish there wasn't a actual blizzard outside right now.

I wish my route to work was like this. I would ride my TW much more often. I wish I had more money sometimes! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a funny story about the day i brought it home. I wasn't actually hiding it from my wife but I didn't tell here either. She should have noticed me selling off stuff to get this but nope..

So I get it home, take it for a ride and put it away.

She gets home and says I see you went riding in 30 degree weather you better check your air pressure your tracks look a little skinny! You don't want to be stuck in the woods with a flat tire.. OMG I burst out laughing... :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts