TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I love my T Dub. I also like to modify things.

I really like the look of blaster shocked T Dubs, such as Brock's, Catamounts... Etc.

I got to thinking about fork mods to match the height in the rear. Read about yz forks and mods like that.

What if someone made some good fork extensions to utilize the stock T Dub ones? I've sent the ones that screw into where the cap goes... Scary I think.

What I'm envisioning is an adapter of sorts that fits over the TOP of the stock fork and clamps to it much like he triple tree does, then Has the same O.D. as the fork on the top of it that goes into the triple tree.

Hmmm? Hmmmm?

Does this make sense? I think I'm going to make a prototype pair...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. But that means you would be raising the fork by the distance between the triple trees. I'm guessing that's around 6 inches or more, which would put your front end way up high. I'm not sure if the shock on, for example, Brock's bike, raises the rear high enough to match that. But you could probably fabricate a spacer to get the rear higher if needed. I'd say it's worth a shot.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.

945 Pitner Avenue

Evanston, IL 60202

847-475-1003

I've used these guys for a bunch of other bikes over the years. They'ed make any length to order. Always a quality product that fit right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Qwerty, thanks. This is great news. How much does something like this run for these guys to fab up? I have the means and the machines here to make it happen, but I mean if it's cost effective enough, I'll just order them up.

How long should I expect to make them to make up for a blaster shock rear?

Do you have any pics of the ones they've done for you?

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Qwerty, thanks. This is great news. How much does something like this run for these guys to fab up? I have the means and the machines here to make it happen, but I mean if it's cost effective enough, I'll just order them up.

How long should I expect to make them to make up for a blaster shock rear?

Do you have any pics of the ones they've done for you?

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Ok. I love my T Dub. I also like to modify things.

I really like the look of blaster shocked T Dubs, such as Brock's, Catamounts... Etc.

I got to thinking about fork mods to match the height in the rear. Read about yz forks and mods like that.

What if someone made some good fork extensions to utilize the stock T Dub ones? I've sent the ones that screw into where the cap goes... Scary I think.

What I'm envisioning is an adapter of sorts that fits over the TOP of the stock fork and clamps to it much like he triple tree does, then Has the same O.D. as the fork on the top of it that goes into the triple tree.

Hmmm? Hmmmm?

Does this make sense? I think I'm going to make a prototype pair...
I am interested like everyone else. I have a pair of old yz 80 forks, but I am not quite the fabrication expert when it comes to making hybrid forks. Please keep me in the mix when you finish the prototype.

Brock

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am interested like everyone else. I have a pair of old yz 80 forks, but I am not quite the fabrication expert when it comes to making hybrid forks. Please keep me in the mix when you finish the prototype.

Brock

Brock, Glad you chimed in. I'm not ashamed to tell you that your bike was the inspiration... the finger that pulled the trigger on getting mine. Hope you don't mind, but I am copying you... LOL!

Do you street ride? I will be riding street 95%. Have you been riding with just the Blaster shock and no mods up front?

I have some nice 1/4" wall chromoly tube I am going to use to fabricate these things up with... I will keep you informed on the progress... I am now looking for a blaster shock. Does anyone have one they want to trade for some killer fork extensions???

John.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Frankis Forks makes fork tubes, not shocks, as far as I know. I have no idea what they charge these days, but I used them many times back in the olden days, and their prices for custom length tubes were competitive. They always sent me a good product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts