TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

I got her home! With a little extra!

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  elime 
#1 ·
Ok guys, there's nothing pretty special about this bike but I'm so glad I finaly got it home! Here are some pics. Notice the little "extra" I got for free...

And the other... well... it's a bike and have a motor. A little one but still a motor. It need some work but can't complain since it was FREE and came with good PAPERS!

Now I definately got something to play with! ;-)

See less See more
#4 ·
Not many people throw in their child as extra with the sale of a TW, but since you got her free, what the heck! Oh wait, I might be wrong here. I just noticed the storage box on the back of the TW. Maybe that's what was extra for free. Giggle

Looks nice. I always liked that color on the TW. Hope you have fun riding the TW when the weather is good enough for you.

#5 ·
I had a little moped the same as that when I was a kid! Little Blanco 49cc, looks like you have a high performance exhaust system on it.......

Godd luck with the new machines!

#7 ·
Dang! I bought me an almost new bike in order not to have any kind of wrenching to do on! I just red many posts about the leaking issue. I surely can take care of it myself, but if I could avoid doing it I surely would.

The bike is still under warranty, can I take it to the dealership and ask em to replace the gasket even if it is still not leaking? (I did not find an answer to this question in the previous posts)

Thanks!

#9 ·
Personally, I woulda passed unless they had an "older model" of the kid that could be put to work stacking firewood or something

Real sharp bike though for sure. For some reason the scooter pic isn't loading, but you can't beat a price of "free dollars" and maybe that kid that came in the deal can ride it some day!

#12 ·
If you're the guitar man and have a moped, you might be interested in the book, I See By My Outfit about a couple of guys in the '60s who ride mopeds across the U.S. One of them buys guitars along the way and has them shipped home.

For the rest of you, as far as a motorcycle touring books go, it's not one. Their only reference to riding is one statement to the effect that, "On a nice day is when one most fears death."

On that note, enjoy the ride, er... rides. The longer you keep that thing, the harder it will be to get rid of. The TW, not the kid.

#14 ·
Zen is a must read, though mostly because there are so few motorcycling themed books. My favorite line in that book is the roughly translated Japanese motorcycle manual that said, "To adjust valves, must have peace of mind." That applies to many things in life.

Another outstanding motorcycling book, the one I would recommend if a person could only read one, is The Perfect Vehicle. The author had me in the first chapter when her tears fell into her soup. This is a great book for any rider, but specially female riders or the girl friends and wives of riders.

Good night.

#15 ·
What is it about motorcycles?

To some, no explanation is necessary. To the rest, no explanation is possible.

What is it about TWs?

To some, no explanation is necessary. To the rest, no explanation is possible.

For most, there is therapy and drugs. For the few, there are motorcycles. For the blessed, there are TWs.

That's as philosophical as I'm going to get in a public forum.

#16 ·
I bought an old CB360 last summer and had a long talk about motorcycle with the seller. He told me something like : "You know, motorcycling is like AIDS. When you got it in your veins, you're stuck with it for the rest of your life."

I guess it says what it says...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.