TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 TW200 delivered this morning. I've been riding it around my neighborhood all day. I just got my endorsement and I'm not confident enough riding yet to take it out on the street. It's really fun, and easy even for me, to use! I love this bike!

Is there anything I should do or not do during the 600 mile break in period? I've been being pretty gentle, but I'm not really that smooth with the clutch yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Way to go! first advise I recieved from these guys was clutch spring installed correctly ,which on the TW I purchased wasn't, very simple fix.Being that I'm very new to this forum there is a subject somewhere on checking it,and has a photo,thats why this forum is great!Got a "O"ring chain also per advise of this forum.Should QWERTY read this I checked out the Ride On sealer got some comming to assist on the battle of the mesquite bush....

·
Registered
62 Posts
2009 TW200 delivered this morning. I've been riding it around my neighborhood all day. I just got my endorsement and I'm not confident enough riding yet to take it out on the street. It's really fun, and easy even for me, to use! I love this bike!

Is there anything I should do or not do during the 600 mile break in period? I've been being pretty gentle, but I'm not really that smooth with the clutch yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations. The TW is probably one of the best bikes to learn with. Don't worry about the clutch thing, very soon it will become second nature and you won't evern realize you're using one. I'm old. I had everything from a Ducati 80 to Kawasaki Eliminators and V-max's. I bought my 2006 with 71 miles on it....It's not fast, but I'd forgotten just how FUN one of these little bikes can be. I will keep one of these for life just for the fun factor and the mileage. Enjoy, and welcome.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Change the oil right away. Use a non-synthetic oil specifically for motorcycles with wet clutches. Do another oil change at 100 miles, and at 600 miles. Switch to synthetic at 1500 miles, change at 3000 miles, then 3000 mile intervals will be fine on the street. The stock mesh oil filter can be cleaned at first, but I'd have a spare on hand just in case.

O-ring chain right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts