TW200 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Maybe a Jimbo shield will help me pick up the 2 mph I seem to be missing?
I would hate to go into the carb. She runs good .. the plug looks good and I have never had to touch the choke.
She starts first kick......
Mike from NC
If it 'aint broke, don't fix it ......

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Rejet the carb ,unless your elevation is appropriate for the OEM main jet. I'm in SW Ohio, and had to bump up to a 130 main jet.....along with needle shimmg etc. Easy to do.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Jimbo

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Were you using an app on your phone for gps or an actual gps device? I’ve heard you can use google maps but I can’t figure out how to get the real time speed to come up
I think if you use Google Maps in navigation mode, it will show your speed and the speed limit.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yea. I’ve heard this but can’t find that feature. I use google maps exclusively too.
Just ask google to navigate to the nearest Walmart. Wait for it to calculate and then touch start and see what happens. You will see the MPH box in the lower left corner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gearing and windscreen can get you another 5 - 7mph. Be surprised how much more rideable a TW is when you ain't functioning as a parachute!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Funny, I just added a Jimbo windscreen to mine and without even thinking about it, I’ve noticed it feels faster, or at least more comfortable at higher speeds. Ear plugs help too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just ask google to navigate to the nearest Walmart. Wait for it to calculate and then touch start and see what happens. You will see the MPH box in the lower left corner.
Mine used to do that. Now it just shows what the posted speed limit is. Is there some setting somewhere to get it back?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2013 3k on mine . Jetted carb with 15x55 sprockets and atv and aggresive front tire mine will only do 60 on the speedo. But in the trails and mud it's a tractor.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Mine used to do that. Now it just shows what the posted speed limit is. Is there some setting somewhere to get it back?
Not sure. I use GPS's on the bikes so I rarely use the Google thing myself to navigate.

Reactions: Apolloha

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
63 MPH max speed by GPS..
What is your top speed... GPS not dream meter
I put my GPS in the bag attached to the rack on my TW. I wanted see how fast my TW would go so I did a couple of "high speed runs" and this is what I found -- a max speed of 135 mph and on a TW 200!
P3130072.JPG

I swear the speedometer said around 70mph.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Top speed is 65 mph. all day long. I got tired of the windscreen b.s.. I went Jimbo screen for a minute and needed more so I went NationalCycle DX then a spoiler on top of that then I said this is all stupid for bike with a 65 mph. top speed. I put the helmet visor down and call it good only to keep U,P. bugs from exploding on my eyeglasses while riding. I can see 70 if I get no headwind, or a tail wind. Bike sits at full throttle all day long from Michigan to Wisconsin and back. Shift when the mirrors vibrate. Change the oil when it turns black. Keep chain lubed and adjusted. Gas as needed. Stock gearing. Adjust a Jet with DGV2 pipe. Pilot out 2.5 turns. Did I tell you guys I love this bike? I put tons of stuff only to take tons of stuff off and sell it for half price i.e. Jimbo shield, raised fender kit, MSR Roost bag, tie down with lights, fork bag, tach, ...Almost everything I have bought for this bike makes it go faster as my wallet is lighter and changes the dynamics of the weight to horsepower ratio. Missing a meal increases my quarter mile times. With Roto Pax and Clarke Racing tank... the road goes on forever and the party never ends. Manracks with Roto Pax bracket.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I put my GPS in the bag attached to the rack on my TW. I wanted see how fast my TW would go so I did a couple of "high speed runs" and this is what I found -- a max speed of 135 mph and on a TW 200!
View attachment 208193

I swear the speedometer said around 70mph.
Soooo sorry to hear that you rode off a cliff on a high mountain....LoL

21 - 35 of 35 Posts