TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially weaponized drones. This crazy professional russian has the coolest leading edge weapons which makes me ponder the need for possible countermeasures.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suppose you could use one of these loaded with birdshot;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It looked like those dummies and the car were rigged with explosives to me. And that one was pretty easy pickins for shotgunnin'. Drones are definitely in our future tho.....for all kinds of things, that's for sure.

I got the bug the other day and ordered a small quadcopter to play with (a Hubsan X4). Once I get the hang of flying it who knows what's possible. After all, the best defense is a good offense.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that the demo video's quadcopter was slow and vulnerable with the pesky human visual interface. However I can imagine faster responding weaponized quadcopters of the future firing somewhat autonomously at co-ordinates handed off from an appropriate laser or gps target designator. A squad could launch one with simple directive of "Hose everything with human or Taliban Zombie IR signature over that hill" Sort of a squad level Predator.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yep!

Defense... Small quad copter(s) with a small explosive charge designed to detonate in close proximity to any other radio controlled device. For every Goliath, there will be a David. m.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Such weapons not only exist but are currently deployed and saving lives. Domestic police forces are jonesing for the same technologies to better peek in your underwear. There have already been cases of misuse by civilians and government employees, accidental and intentional, in the U. S. of A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts