TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is done - bitter-sweet.

I traded the 1992 TW for a minty, low mile, totally gone through 1986 Yamaha FAZER 700. I needed a mile cruncher / commuter bike. The BMW GS will stay as my all purpose / dual sport SUV.

I loved the TW, but it just didn't get used. She was depressed,but now is in the hands of a great owner that will get her back in the natural habitat.

Oh my, the FAZER is believably fast and smooth. Truly handles great and is just as fast an any 600cc sport bike. This one has some performance tuning and has over 100 RWHP, which is crazy for a mid 80s street bike. It feels fuel injected - dialed in.

See you dudes around - I foresee a new TW in my future in the next 3-5 years.

Good luck!

Last pic of the TW:
20170524_175752.jpg

Fist pic of the FAZER:
20170527_163634.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ridden a Fazer, awesome engine in that bike. 5 valves per cyl. and the intake lay out really works well on that engine.
Yes, 20 valves on this thing - crazy. I was blown away by the throttle response, instant. The top end (7-11K) is unbelievable on a bike of this size.

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
We're going to miss you around here bro. Please stay in touch and May God bless!! :)

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
Do not worry, the bike will stay on here with me. I'm new to the forum but always liked the TW's. 1911GARAND did this bike right. I will keep it this way. Maybe add a few touches of my own. Enjoy that Fazer.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have the 1986 radian and it only has 52 hp but it is quick at under a 4 sec 0-60mph when new. I bet that fazer is really quick. I don't understand needing the huge bikes for the street with 2 sec 0-60 and top out around 200mph. Those are great on the track but would be much too tempting on the street for safety. Of course I would love to have one if I had money for track days.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Just wanted to let you know how much I liked your TW. Truly one of my very favorite color schemes! Someday my 2013 may sport your color combination. Enjoy the Fazer and stay safe enjoying all that extra HP.

Tom

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sorry to hear about the TW, but totally understand the need for a street bike. That Fazer reminds me of the VMax. Looks like a blast.
Hope to see you back with another TW soon! In the mean time, hope you have fun.

Reactions: littletommy and Ken
1 - 11 of 11 Posts