TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and its from Cyclops Adventure sports:

Welcome to Cyclops Adventure Sports - Lighting Your Adventure - Lighting for Sport

I was away on travel over the weekend but I wanted to get this light in. I have been waiting for the right well made LED H4 replacement and this is it. It has a fan built in for heat removal so no need for a bulky metal sink. Designed to go into the existing housing.

My install:

Super easy. The only thing I had to do is screw on the proper base provided (3 extra bases come with it) and I had to cut a slit on the under side of my OEM rubber boot to get it over the fan.
IMG_2359.jpg

The light is night and day better than the OEM H4. Likely about the same as HID but easier fit and benefit of long life LEDs. Since I need to ride the bike all winter this will be a real life saver.

Littletommy, I have these in stock at the store :)

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Nice. I really don't go out that much at night anymore Steve. I wonder how this would do though on my 87 since it is the least of all electrical systems. I have only switched over my rear taillight to LED thus saving 10 watts or so. A lot of folks should be interested in this though. Thanks for sharing Steve!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm assuming the rectifier is not needed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just ordered one for my DR650 from ProCycle. Would have ordered another if I had known it would fit the TW. Even though I just put my newest TW up for sale I may order one anyway just incase no one buys my bike.

Can't wait to try it next to my friends DR with stock lights.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
3600 Lumen LED Headlight

Qty:
$59.95
Add To Order

Now get HID performance with the benefits of LED! LED's are the highest performing, most reliable bulbs currently available. This light has Hi/Low beams, fits standard H4 fixtures, has 3600 Lumen (RAW) on high, 5600K color temperature and draws only 20 watts on low beam and 30 watts on high beam! It is also vibration proof and has an estimated life span of 30,000 hours.

Click here to learn more and order this great light!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zdiver1: On the Procycle light. Yep same light. They are just distributing the Cyclops light.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stephen,

That looks interesting.

I see the following specification listed in the description for this light:

"This Bulb is not DOT approved and is for off road use only."

Do you know why that is?
I think this is true of any aftermarket light, LED, HID etc. I don't know what it takes but really I would be astonished if I got pulled over.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will snap some pictures. I am not riding it this week due to sending the seat off to get redone. When I ride it next I will get some pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts