TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
When it comes time to sell that bike you can always post "Lightly ridden........................... heavily crashed." :p Those crashes are all a part of gaining experience. Keep posting these for all to learn from.

Tom

·
Registered
928 Posts
OUCH. At least you weren't hurt too bad. And the hand guards did their job of taking the abuse so your levers didn't have to. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Who's your favorite Top Gear personality? I'm guessing RUTledge Wood...

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I don't want to hijack a thread, but I did something similar a year or so ago on my DR650.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not a hijack, I welcome all vids like that. ty for making me feel better about myself. seeing someone else do it lets me know I'm not alone.
I don't want to hijack a thread, but I did something similar a year or so ago on my DR650.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Haha cool. I wish I had more video of mine.

On one ride on my KLX, I had been recording with my GoPro. We stopped for a snack, and the battery died so I put it away. IMMEDIATELY after we got moving, I ended up hitting one of those bumps that makes the bike do a 90-deg turn, and I did and headed for the trees and the steep downhill. Bike went down and I went over the bars doing a flip and landing on my bike. I started sliding down the hill, but reached up and grabbed a branch to stop. That would have been AWESOME to see on video. Dammit.

Then on another ride (also on the KLX), we chose to ride around a nasty rocky section in the trail (singletrack), and in the process I managed to ride right over top of an even worse rock and got launched over the bars when the back tire hit it. No video, but the guy behind me said it was quite comical.

Sometimes I think the KLX was trying to kill me. One of the reasons I sold it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW, Glad you grabbed that branch, quick hands. I hate to ride if I am not recording. I am going to put an outlet for charging the Gopro on the bike. when I stop and nothing cool happened, I can delete and make room.
Haha cool. I wish I had more video of mine.

On one ride on my KLX, I had been recording with my GoPro. We stopped for a snack, and the battery died so I put it away. IMMEDIATELY after we got moving, I ended up hitting one of those bumps that makes the bike do a 90-deg turn, and I did and headed for the trees and the steep downhill. Bike went down and I went over the bars doing a flip and landing on my bike. I started sliding down the hill, but reached up and grabbed a branch to stop. That would have been AWESOME to see on video. Dammit.

Then on another ride (also on the KLX), we chose to ride around a nasty rocky section in the trail (singletrack), and in the process I managed to ride right over top of an even worse rock and got launched over the bars when the back tire hit it. No video, but the guy behind me said it was quite comical.

Sometimes I think the KLX was trying to kill me. One of the reasons I sold it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I sold my cameras because I didn't have enough use for them. My ContourROAM couldn't touch the GoPro for quality, and the GoPro was too hard to use, plus the battery sucked. And, for me, a one-perspective video is boring. I needed at least 3-4 cameras to do it right. Too much $$ and too much time, so I sold them and just ride instead. Still photos will have to do.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It's hard not to laugh when you crash. The sounds you make when you crash are priceless ;)
Glad to see your not getting hurt. Be careful it's easy to break a leg.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had a good one back in 2011... again on the KLX. I was in Death Valley on a group ride, only one of whom I knew, and he was the leader. He expressly said in the next section no passing. Well, some buttweasel decided to pass anyway. When he passed me, he roosted me, which showered me in the face with a bunch of rocks. As a result, I took a left turn wide and hit a pumpkin-sized rock, which threw me off the bike at about 20 mph. I landed on my left arm (elbow). What saved me was m Fox Titan armored jacket. The impact dented the hell out of my skidplate and even cracked part of the frame, and dented the plastic gas tank (which later returned to its normal shape).

The other rider was ejected from the group, and I rode back to camp. When I got back and removed my armored jacket, my left elbow swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. So I sat in my trailer the rest of the afternoon with the AC blasting and icing it, while playing Civilization on my laptop. A good thing too, since there was a massive wind/sandstorm that blew in with 70+ mph winds. People reported nearly being blown off of ridges they were riding on.

My arm eventually healed up... didn't even hurt. Thankfully.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You want to laugh, I have a vid of me dropping the bike in a mud puddle. Well I curse so much and take a fit, you would die laughing . I just think it is too much for this site to post it on. EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
It's hard not to laugh when you crash. The sounds you make when you crash are priceless ;)
Glad to see your not getting hurt. Be careful it's easy to break a leg.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a good one back in 2011... again on the KLX. I was in Death Valley on a group ride, only one of whom I knew, and he was the leader. He expressly said in the next section no passing. Well, some buttweasel decided to pass anyway. When he passed me, he roosted me, which showered me in the face with a bunch of rocks. As a result, I took a left turn wide and hit a pumpkin-sized rock, which threw me off the bike at about 20 mph. I landed on my left arm (elbow). What saved me was m Fox Titan armored jacket. The impact dented the hell out of my skidplate and even cracked part of the frame, and dented the plastic gas tank (which later returned to its normal shape).

The other rider was ejected from the group, and I rode back to camp. When I got back and removed my armored jacket, my left elbow swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. So I sat in my trailer the rest of the afternoon with the AC blasting and icing it, while playing Civilization on my laptop. A good thing too, since there was a massive wind/sandstorm that blew in with 70+ mph winds. People reported nearly being blown off of ridges they were riding on.

My arm eventually healed up... didn't even hurt. Thankfully.
oh my god It could have been so much worse even though the elbow is a bitch. Sucks that no matter how careful you can be always someone else who can screw you up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts