TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
You could fill that up with good scores or junk. If the latter I would bring it home empty! Update required!

GaryL

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
xt225 + tw200 + gasket set = tw225 w/ 6=speed and 5 disc clutch

toss in a mild cam and the XT carb and you have one of the world's best motorcycles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://db.tt/9Jdb84Dt 13 hrs later and we returned with a 04 xt225 for my friend. And I finally landed the elusive tw200 from milton nj that's been posted for 9 months now. He said it was a 98 in his add but it says 93 on the fork. 600 miles no title. Hung out with the guy while he pulled the carb since its been sitting for a few years. Looked clean but deff needs some work. I don't think the choke works but once it warms up it runs awesome. I wanted an extra for friends to ride so for 1200$ I'm happy. My friend ran the vin so I'm gonna take the Vermont route. The xt225 is clean as a whistle. Has some sharp ammo boxes and a soft bag on the seat. He paid 2g for that. Maybe a little high but it's nice. All in all a much needed guys day out after one hell of a busy winter. Ill post better pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
https://db.tt/9Jdb84Dt 13 hrs later and we returned with a 04 xt225 for my friend. And I finally landed the elusive tw200 from milton nj that's been posted for 9 months now. He said it was a 98 in his add but it says 93 on the fork. 600 miles no title. Hung out with the guy while he pulled the carb since its been sitting for a few years. Looked clean but deff needs some work. I don't think the choke works but once it warms up it runs awesome. I wanted an extra for friends to ride so for 1200$ I'm happy. My friend ran the vin so I'm gonna take the Vermont route. The xt225 is clean as a whistle. Has some sharp ammo boxes and a soft bag on the seat. He paid 2g for that. Maybe a little high but it's nice. All in all a much needed guys day out after one hell of a busy winter. Ill post better pic tomorrow.
Very cool on the Milton bike! That guy was some kind of a dork plain and simple. He never once responded to over a dozen of my inquiries and others here also tried. Glad it found a home here and away from a TW abuser.

GaryL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was ok just a bit of a bike hourder. I first talked to him 3 months ago. And that was a month after emailing him. People post stuff with no intention in selling it. Frustrating but patience prevailed

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
He was ok just a bit of a bike hourder. I first talked to him 3 months ago. And that was a month after emailing him. People post stuff with no intention in selling it. Frustrating but patience prevailed
This thread needs pictures!

GaryL

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts