1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Having good tools available with you is so valuable, smart acquisition.

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
I like a collapsable bucket stashed away under Toy's rear seat too, never know when it comes in handy. Technically a bucket is required for camp fire use in National forests. I had a space blanket I carried for years but when I pulled it out once it disintegrated into toilet paper sized squares from being folded and compressed too long. Good to check emergency supplies occassionally.
I am now lusting after zdiver's new tools, very nice.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Over the years (60+) I have always carried emergency gear with me..boat, m/c, car, pickup and only once have I ever needed it, but you know what would happen if I took the gear out !

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Speaking of stuff to keep handy...

a group of us sat around a campfire one night discussing the versatility of the Frisbee...

fan the fire, plate, head protector in a hail storm, bail water from a boat, base for a camp stove, emergency signal...

We stopped keeping count after about 55 or 60 and just kept on coming up with things that plastic disk was good for.

I have a couple in the RV. One of the first things I threw in there.

I've recently bought a 100 lb. boat, the 60 lb. motor, two rims for the VW, an RV matress... and more...

now this set of tools. :rolleyes: My FedEx and UPS guys must hate me.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Saves space, as long as the tools are functional. Similar pack tool sets I've seen were pretty much useless in the real world environment of towing and recovery. Be sure to check before stowing them, might want to send them back. For the price, though, just might be a quality set. The one set I've seen that really worked cost 3 times that, but had a lot more pieces, so I'm thinking you've likely found the happy medium.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on this it just kicks ASS! very high Quality would buy again and just might get a few for Christmas I love it I put two rubber Natural gas sleeves ( we put on the riser service transition fitting) on the handle for comfort. 10685948_10203713359186564_523544887_o.jpg I love it and will get a few more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts