1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto what Gary said. If nothing else it would be a real fun beater or a bike you could lend to a friend.
It has a small problem. The last two people who owned never titled it. They just rode it on the farm and only 4000 miles at that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A rainbow warrior with the orange seat that needs some TLC... for $500... I would go bananas for that bike, title or not!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
congrats on a great score!
here's a 95 tdub... not $500 but titled, in better shape and he might negotiate.

View attachment 28967
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5524781111.html
:love7: :love7: :love7:

I'll have to pass 3 hurdles to get that:
- Convince my boyfriend to let me get another TW
- Figure out garage space constraints
- Figure out how to get it - it's pretty far away!

But I want it! Let's see how far I get.

This is one of those things in life where I don't want to wait for "another day" because the rainbow warriors are biting the dust left and right. But it would be entirely an emotion-based purchase - I make a lot of effort to live lean and avoid any duplicates in my possession, so this would be a huge exception to my rule.

·
Registered
20,192 Posts
The drive to Shelter Cove is an adventure in itself. Take the boyfriend for a drive to at least look at the '95 TW and then have lunch overlooking the harbor. Restaurant there served the best clam chowder I've ever sampled.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I already have two on the street and do not need another.
Understood but if you ever want to sell it just having a title or transferable registration is a big plus!

GaryL

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Is it possible to have to many running TW's?
No.

Now that there are two of us riding the TW's, we need a backup TW for one of us to ride after I've done some maintenance. Sometimes it takes a while for me to undo some do's and there's pressure to get the lawn mowed, garbage taken out, unload from Moab type things to do other than working on the TW's. There should be a TW rule based on how many TW riders are in the family: 1 rider = required 2 TW's on hand, 2 riders = 3 TW's on hand, and so forth!:p

Besides, I would like to get a 3rd TW just so I could register it in Vermont and I think a Vermont License plate would look cool out here in Idaho. It would be a conversation starter from other motorcycle riders at the gas station. Harley Rider - "Boy you sure rode that thing a longs ways to get out here. How's your butt feel". I'd say, "you have no idea and my butt feels great - how's it look"! That's what is attracting me to the Vermont Registered TW in Idaho!:D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last week I picked up a TW kickstarter for $60 but it didn't have wheels or handlebars like yours. Good score even has a duro mounted for your off road adventures.:D
Wesley already claimed the duro and it is on the bike he rides.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Whaaaat.. is going on the world is so upside down. :)

Get it! ;)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
:love7: :love7: :love7:

I'll have to pass 3 hurdles to get that:
- Figure out garage space constraints
- Figure out how to get it - it's pretty far away!

But I want it! Let's see how far I get.

This is one of those things in life where I don't want to wait for "another day" because the rainbow warriors are biting the dust left and right. But it would be entirely an emotion-based purchase - I make a lot of effort to live lean and avoid any duplicates in my possession, so this would be a huge exception to my rule.
TWs cost a couple or three thousand dollars while Boy Friends are a dime a dozen! You could always get one of each and a bigger garage if you put your mind to it.:D

GaryL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts