TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first motorcycle when I was 15 years old. It was an old basket case BSA that belonged to the older brother of a guy that my sister was dating. The only reason my Mom let me bring it home was she never thought that I would get it running. Well, I did get it running and have owned motorcycles continuously since then (50 years). Here is a breakdown of the brands that I have owned (there were actually a few more, but these are the ones that I have some recollection and/or records of).

# of Bikes Owned
Honda40
Yamaha15
Kawasaki6
BMW4
Harley-Davidson4
Suzuki3
Husqvarna2
ATK1
BSA1
Hodaka1
KTM1
Rokon1
Triumph1
Total80

Here is the latest, a 2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I absolutely love riding this bike on the road, but it is big enough to be its own planet! It is several handfuls just to move it around in the garage or get it up on its centerstand. Though I wish I were, I am not man enough to even consider riding this thing off-road. Probably won't be a long-term keeper for me, but I always wanted to try one of these after I traded my 1992 R100GSPD about 6 years ago.

IMG_0387.JPG

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That’s an impressive list Brian. :hatsoff:
Let’s see some pictures :)

I’m assuming you sold most of these Motorcycles unless you are like SmittyBlackstone who definitely has a problem. ;):)
Now of all the motorcycles of yours that you sold which one was your favorite. and you wish you had back? :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Nice! I am seriously considering this bike as my next street bike. My Victory (a 2011) has 87,000 miles - still zero problems, burns no oil so will keep a couple more years. But, eventually I will want something with less milage for the long trips. i am looking at the BMW 1200, the Indian Chieftain and the Honda ST 1300. Plenty of time to think about it -

If they were still making Victorys, thats what I would be buying, period. Most solid, fast and great handling bike I've ever owned with huge storage.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
Another excellent quote for the books.

2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I absolutely love riding this bike on the road, but it is big enough to be its own planet.

I think I'm around owning 10 counting the "left in my shop" motorcycle's which are now mine. Don't worry Purple, yours is still spoken for by you.
:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice bike! Hmm, I don't see a Ducati on that list but I see a Hodaka. As a kid with a Honda 65 the Hodaka was my dream bike!

I wonder if you have the record here for most bikes ever owned. Can anyone top it?

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Nice bike! Hmm, I don't see a Ducati on that list but I see a Hodaka. As a kid with a Honda 65 the Hodaka was my dream bike!

I wonder if you have the record here for most bikes ever owned. Can anyone top it?
[h=2]"I just picked up bike #80"[/h]
I've picked up my bikes at least 100 times.. Does that count?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Congratulations on reaching eighty bikes.

I am immensely jealous of your bike #80.

Believe it or not, I do not have a GS in the fleet.
I keep threatening to buy a new Rallye, but the early bikes speak to me.
A yellow 1150GS at the right price would prove to be impossible to resist.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles.

PS. Please don't scratch it up too much, as I will undoubtedly try to be the next owner.

PPS. Rick, it is only a problem when I run out of room for them. :) :)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
that's a beauty brian! congrats on your list and your new acquisition!

my guess is you will hit #100 before too long...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts