TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
This father is changing his clutch springs and friction plates and I just realized I need some tourque specs.
How about a sticky with torque specs under technical help?
I figure the cover bolts are the same 8mm 7ish foot lbs as the oil cover bolts but what about the clutch spring bolts?
PS, I know it's a good day because the gasket is perfect!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Happy Father's Day Dr!! :D
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
This father is changing his clutch springs and friction plates and I just realized I need some tourque specs.
How about a sticky with torque specs under technical help?
I figure the cover bolts are the same 8mm 7ish foot lbs as the oil cover bolts but what about the clutch spring bolts?
PS, I know it's a good day because the gasket is perfect!

Reactions: Ken and drstimpy

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
I was going to say things look way too well organized and clean, an impossibility in my garage. Then I felt mildly vindicated by seeing the partially removed side cover gasket. Cleaning the gasket surface should create a mess I am more familiar with.:rolleyes:

Happy Father’s Day DrStimpy!

·
Registered
20,493 Posts

·
Registered
13,801 Posts

No hammer today but I get extra credit for the pry bar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you sure you didn't take a swing with anything? ha ha

This should help, just maybe not with torquing though!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The old friction plates don't look horrible, but they didn't perform very well.

I'm very impressed so far with the Barnett parts. Much more progressive engagement instead of our usual on off switch. And I haven't noticed any increase in lever effort. I love how easy this bike is to work on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PS...we still need a torque spec sticky...??

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Reactions: Fred and Ken

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It is in the Technical Section under Sub Forums/Technical Write-Ups

PS...we still need a torque spec sticky...嵐壘

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is in the Technical Section under Sub Forums/Technical Write-Ups
Really? I found a link to manuals but the service manual link gave me a bunch of blacked out pages at the torque specs

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That was yesterday wasn't it? Go look again. Thanks to Elime who had posted the torque specs, I was able to copy that and created a sticky for you.

Really? I found a link to manuals but the service manual link gave me a bunch of blacked out pages at the torque specs

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
I tend to trust a subjective feel rather than a torque wrench for these lightly torqued smaller fasteners. Even when using a torque wrench I sometimes will stop before the “click” thinking “that’s good enough” as my blurry memory recalls how much force was used on dissassembly.
Admittedly this is poor precision but I dislike blind trust in a device known to fail occasionally.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yeah, Fred, I do the same for the oil filter cover and the weep hole screw on the head....but you and I have many years of experience...... some others do not have a good feel for torque values vs type and size of bolt/screw.
Thus I always recommend using a good torque wrench, even when deciding to use 20% less than listed torque.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts