TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a nice 45 mile ride with my son through some rolling countryside back roads, and stopped to check out an A-team van on a used car lot I drive by when I'm working.
0524151239.jpg 0524151256.jpg 0524151256a.jpg 0524151300.jpg

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Looks like a wonderfull father/ son outing. Maybe you'll make a motorcyclist out of him rather than other kids who seem more interested in internet than real world.
Sorry for the rant but yesterday I was at a client's house and I get exasperated at their modern child. Both parents have nice tax-payer funded saleries so they can buy the little guy whatever he wants/needs. They got him a puppy just like the Obamma's...boy is afraid of the dog. Designer dog has hired trainer, boarder, dog walker yet craves the human touch. Lad talks to his computer all the time but will not talk to me. Father built him a OSHA certifiable safe tree house yet kid never ventures outside. Parents threw the six year old a multi-thousand dollar birthday party months ago and there are still unopened gifts stacked up. I just want to borrow both kid and dog and give them big doses of hugs , fresh air and vitamin dirt.
So it is with joy that I see sickpupoy's good looking boy out doing real world fun.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Well said Fred. Small doses of vitamin dirt early on, as it is an acquired taste.

Tom

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a wonderfull father/ son outing. Maybe you'll make a motorcyclist out of him rather than other kids who seem more interested in internet than real world.
Sorry for the rant but yesterday I was at a client's house and I get exasperated at their modern child. Both parents have nice tax-payer funded saleries so they can buy the little guy whatever he wants/needs. They got him a puppy just like the Obamma's...boy is afraid of the dog. Designer dog has hired trainer, boarder, dog walker yet craves the human touch. Lad talks to his computer all the time but will not talk to me. Father built him a OSHA certifiable safe tree house yet kid never ventures outside. Parents threw the six year old a multi-thousand dollar birthday party months ago and there are still unopened gifts stacked up. I just want to borrow both kid and dog and give them big doses of hugs , fresh air and vitamin dirt.
So it is with joy that I see sickpupoy's good looking boy out doing real world fun.
I know what you mean. My son is more interested in playing his or my wife's tablet than getting out and enjoying life. I have to "unplug" him sometimes. I work a lot of hours and doesn't leave me as much time as I would like to spend with him. They diagnosed him on the autism spectrum with "Aspergers". He's pretty normal but has a lot of quirks and ticks and is on medication to help his attention span, etc. I do my best to treat him like a normal kid and spend as much time with him as I can.

·
Registered
638 Posts
...stopped to check out an A-team van...
I'm not sure what worries me more. If that boy knows what an A-Team van is, or if he doesn't.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He knows what it is! He's seen the new A-Team movie as well as watched old episodes, and he's got the Hot Wheels A-Team van as well.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't think the gaming world of computers is doing us any good. Would be good to set up camps that have none and teach our children how to cope with others. We see it every day with kids stuck with their attention on a plasma screen instead of engaging with friends in one to one life.

One problem solved that the tree hugger will love though. No one will know how to cut down a tree or ride a bike in the woods. Will have to live by means of others as they will become atrophied shutins. Hands like popeye, bodies like Olive Oil after just pushing buttons for their young years.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. I spend a lot of time myself playing a facebook game called Stormfall. It's addicting, and there's great comraderie with others in my league, but I have better things I could be doing most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts