TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes he was contentious and a bully unfortunately, but he made those that responded to him think clearly about their positions as he would rip even a good one to shreds. I, after the first few encounters with him realized that i had to make the decisions and not him. He was a formidable entity(boy, talk about PC language). However, I do miss the old fart. I remember one time when I said I was a Libertarian, and he responded that he was a "Limitarian". For me such a repost is gold. Come back and haunt us folks on the forum. Though beware that littletommy is now the gatekeeper.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Have you noticed how many new members are on our forum??? Querty was like a demon gate keeper shredding any new member that posted. I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you noticed how many new members are on our forum??? Querty was like a demon gate keeper shredding any new member that posted. I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome.
I understand that feeling, but I have always enjoyed a challenge. And, admittedly he was. But he helped me pick up my game quickly, because I don't like to lose or be stupid about things.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome."
+1, Well said Top.
No one could kill a thread faster than qwerty.
:(. Perhaps he enjoyed having the last word :D.
Yes. He just couldn't let it go. Why, I have no idea because he didn't need to. I would suggest that others should also take that message to heart. Well now littletommy rules and the world is now inclusive of new members. However, we all have to earn our stripes.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Tommy doesn't rule and isn't the gatekeeper either, haha. I know you guys are joking but, any of us could do the moderator job. :p

I do like that the forum has gotten better and better over the last couple years. We do want it to be the best motorcycle forum out there, right? :confused:

We want to be known as helpful and courteous and welcoming to all the new members; so if I might make a suggestion...

When you see on the forum that a new member has registered; send them a little PM welcoming them and encouraging them to jump right in if they have questions or need help.

This immediately makes someone feel welcome and those members are more likely to stick around and become helpful members themselves.

I do this almost every day with new members and it does make a difference. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tommy doesn't rule and isn't the gatekeeper either, haha. I know you guys are joking but, any of us could do the moderator job. :p

I do like that the forum has gotten better and better over the last couple years. We do want it to be the best motorcycle forum out there, right? :confused:

We want to be known as helpful and courteous and welcoming to all the new members; so if I might make a suggestion...

When you see on the forum that a new member has registered; send them a little PM welcoming them and encouraging them to jump right in if they have questions or need help.

This immediately makes someone feel welcome and those members are more likely to stick around and become helpful members themselves.

I do this almost every day with new members and it does make a difference. :D
YOU DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE littletommy! I still liked locking horns or sparring on the side lines with he whom we "Can not Name".

·
Registered
113 Posts
qwerty may have been a real @$$hole to some individuals long before my time on this forum, but his detailed carb tuning thread sure helped my tuning experiments and helped to give me the confidence to attempt. I'm not at all condoning the behavior that got him booted outta here, but he seemed to have some valuable expertise and I'm sure I'm not the only one who benefited from it.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 126 Posts