TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I have been watching your videos on your You Tube Channel. Being a member of AARP, I particularly like your episode that included G MAD. This is not to say that the other videos sans G MAD are of a lesser quality, they are all very entertaining and sort of educational. Yeah Baby!

I have seen the same airplane with "big wheel" tires on it in three or four of your videos. Is that plane part of the Metamucil Militia? Are you guys pilots? Is there a strong head wind for it to get off the ground in 20 feet? How does one get sorted?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for watching guys.

Tony,

All airplanes run big wheels up here. The nice Super Cub seen briefly in the opening of some of the videos is entirely to refined to hang out with us very often. However, the derelict Cessna fits right in with our style and gets used fairly often for scouting missions and getting out of the range of adult responsibilities.

G Mad is, unfortunately, in recovery from rotator cuff damage from a 4 wheeler incident that involved punching through the ice at the end of winter. We are hoping for a quick recovery because it's more entertaining to make fun of a senior who's not wearing a sling.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Mr BigWheel, great video. I realy like the shot with the camera on the ground (snow to you)! I do not think the TW would ride on top of the snow like the BW. Do you have a TW?

Ronnydog

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ronnydog,

I don't yet have a TW. I have the grandad of the TW in the form of the BW but I am still shopping for an older Trailway that will accept my unused BigWheel front end and be street legal. I think that the TW might be the equal of the BW in the snow because of it's light weight. I can't wait to find out.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Ronnydog,

I don't yet have a TW. I have the grandad of the TW in the form of the BW but I am still shopping for an older Trailway that will accept my unused BigWheel front end and be street legal. I think that the TW might be the equal of the BW in the snow because of it's light weight. I can't wait to find out.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
The TW is 265# and I believe the BW is 256#. Looks like you have to much fun to switch!

Ronnydog

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ronnydog,

I would bet that those weights are for the BW200. Yamaha claims that the BW350 weighs 295lbs. dry and that equates to a real-world wet weight of around 310lbs.

When I have to put the BW onto a stand for maintenance, I usually estimate it's weight in the 400 to 450 pound range. Or maybe I just need to hit the gym a bit more often.

Regards,

Mr. BIgWheel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts