TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo....
I let my 2012 TW go to get a taller bike for my ginormous frame. I enjoy that bike too but I missed my TW and wished I had another for the family to ride. Kids are begging for 2 wheelers and we have a place for one on the back of our camper that would hold another TW nicely...

To make a long story short, I Bought another! Borderline basket case '93 but a perfect restoration project to share with the boys.
Wish me luck! Heres the list of stuff on the way so far...

Brake shoes, F&R
Fork seals
Clutch members
Oil pump
kick start repair parts
etc, etc, etc....

I need left and right side plastics as well as the headlight bezel if anyone has any ideas.
I also need a Speedo with cable and the High beam,neutral, signal indicator cluster.

This may not be a full engine rebuild at this point if all goes well but I definitely want to clean up the whole bike. I'll be going through pics to get some ideas...
Thanks for everyones help and friendship! Its good to be back!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrats on the purchases.

I traded for my first bike a 2010 brand new that the dealer didn't want to show me. He considered them "agricultural bikes" and disdained them.

I took it anyway and it became one of my most favorite bikes.

Loved it until I got to feeling guilty about owning so many motorcycles so I sold it along with my 2005 and 1996 TW's. Bad idea.

So, last fall I bought a 2013 with 65 miles on it which had only been on the road for 4 months or so.

Glad I did.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Between my wife and I we have 5 of them. Yes, we need all 5. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... The second t-dud I've had is on its way back together after I freshened things up a bit. I wanted to go through it enough to feel ok about letting the kids give it a whirl... Having said that, we'll save the main paint upgrades for later!!!!
Anyone using truck bed liner on any of their parts? I'm going to do my swingarm and I have already done the lower fork tubes. I havnt decided on a frame and tank color for sure yet though.
The bikes missing the side plastics over the air cleaner and electronics in addition to the plastic faring around the headlight. I'm keeping my eyes out but havnt come across them yet. does anyone make aftermarket plastic?
Its coming along. I'll feel better after I put a few miles on it...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts