TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Actually I bought a new editing program -- Adobe Premiere Elements 11 (1/4 the price of the latest, Elements 12) -- and wanted to try it out.

With "Windows Live Movie Maker" I would have banged this out in about 5 minutes but using a new program with many more bells and whistles it took me closer to 3 hours. I better get quicker with Premiere or it is back to Movie Maker. Premiere is suppose to have stabilization..............this is the first time YouTube didn't ask me if I want to try their stabilization program so maybe it does work.

Enjoy!

Registered
Let's hear it for the TW! Passing 2 hogs that had at least 5X the engine displacement of the TW!!

And I loved the mighty T-dub horn blast you gave as you passed. Got to be careful you don't scare them off the side of the road with that.

(I agree with you on Adobe Premiere Elements. I have an older copy that I try to use every once in a while. I always give up and end up going back to Windows Movie Maker).

Registered
I have seen this video before and would like to declare it as "States Evidence number 1" for the following violations listed below. I suggest you take the evidence, turn yourself in and throw yourself at the mercy of the courts. ;)

1) Passing on double yellow (1st bike)
2) Passing on double yellow (2nd bike)
3) Speeding past bike #1
4) Speeding past bike #2
5) Flagrant misuse of horn
6) Following too close
7) Not counting possible recklessness

Registered
Neat!

Curious, I have used movie maker some, but from my experience, once I completed the movie and uploaded to the tube, the best video quality I can get is 480p, not 720p as the original. Did you have the same experience with movie maker or am I missing something in the making/transfering/uploading process?

Most of the time I upload and edit "in" youtube and it is very cumbersome with many limitations from what movie maker has. But I can maintain 720p. which is my camera's highest.

I see with your new editing software, you were able to maintain 1080p. If this adobe primere elements 11 has video stabilization, I may very well purchase something over all the free stuff I've tried. In my opinion, youtube stabilization ruins my video's so I go the shaky shaky route with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Neat!

Curious, I have used movie maker some, but from my experience, once I completed the movie and uploaded to the tube, the best video quality I can get is 480p, not 720p as the original. Did you have the same experience with movie maker or am I missing something in the making/transfering/uploading process?

Most of the time I upload and edit "in" youtube and it is very cumbersome with many limitations from what movie maker has. But I can maintain 720p. which is my camera's highest.

I see with your new editing software, you were able to maintain 1080p. If this adobe primere elements 11 has video stabilization, I may very well purchase something over all the free stuff I've tried. In my opinion, youtube stabilization ruins my video's so I go the shaky shaky route with it.
With Movie Maker when I click on "Save Movie" it gives me some choices one of which is "Recommended for this Project" and that saves in 1280 X 720. If you put the arrow over the different choices and wait, "For email", "For Computer", " For DVD", ect., a little window opens and it will tell you what the display size is.

Things are a little more complicated with Premiere Elements 11 in that there are more choices and it takes time to learn them and in my case, re learn them the second time. By the third time I do get it. As for the 1080p, that is one of the choices to save the film clip. I choose : MPEG; HDTV 29.97 fps @ 1080p. (fps=frames/sec). My camera is a 720p so I have no idea what is happening. I save it to my desk top and then load YouTube from there and you see what happens. When I save it to the desk top Windows Media Player can play it, not the case when I tried other formats, but at least then I know it will work on YouTube.

As for stabilization, I haven't found a button that says that but there is a "render" button that is supposed to smooth things out. Honestly I can't say it does much but it sure takes its time doing it. A 1 minute clip can take up to 4 or 5 minutes to "render" the first time, but when rendered a second time it goes very quickly.

My computer works better with Premiere. With Movie Maker things get very jerky. My first minute and a half video with Premiere took over 3 hours but by the forth video it is down to less than half an hour -- all a matter of learning the program.

I bought Premiere Elements 11 combined with Photoshop Elements 11 for $70 on ebay. Same guy has Premiere Elements 11 alone for $40, price includes S&H. Or get the latest and greatest, Elements 12 for 2 or 3 times the price.

I hope this helps. Tony

Registered
Thanks Tony. I'll have a look see for the menu options on the "save movie" in movie maker. Keep us (me) updated with Premiere as you gain more expereince with it. Heck, took me hours to figure out movie maker and it's suppose to be simple. :D

Registered
Tony, you're the man bombing Page Mil Road like that. Know those corners well. Just came back down Ebbetts Pass(hwy4) this morning thinking it was like Page Mill Road and thought of you."Hmmm, I bet Elime would like this road since he knows all those Penninsula twisties".
Adam-in-nevada and I road Ebbett's Pass on Independence Day and it was fantastic. Not as steep as Sonora Pass's 26% But a little narrower and twistier in many places.
I have scenic video still to edit but have difficulties using Contour and Apple iMovie software. Any iMovie or Contour users?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Tony, you're the man bombing Page Mil Road like that. Know those corners well.
When I posted this I figured you would recognize the area. Page Mill is a fun road though I prefer going up it -- stopping distance is shorter going up.

Registered
After seeing your video of the u-turn princess I can well appreciate your awareness of braking distance. I wonder if the lady will be a better driver after almost causing you an accident?
Love seeing old places through the lens of your Liquid Image goggles.Really enjoy your videos.
I would have teased you about TW Magnets in the car but whole scene was just too dangerous for humor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I'll assume your temperature went up just a tad. ...

I would have teased you about TW Magnets in the car but whole scene was just too dangerous for humor.

I was madder than hell just after it happened! As I rode along I realized the camera was on, I hadn't sworn or done anything really stupid, I was unhurt, and now I had a video to share! If you look for the silver lining you will find it.

Now what happened the day before was really scary but the camera was off. If we all are ever sitting around a campfire swapping stories some night I will share it. Tony

Registered
another great 2 min ride with elime. thanks tony!

Registered
Adam and I shared many a friendly wave with various Harley riders on the forth over the Sierra Mtn passes ( when the road was straight enough to allow a safe dropped hand salute). Everyone was having a fine safe ride, no hooligans or egos at play that day. Some days it is just so fantastic to be relaxed in the saddle with pretty scenery streaming by, leaning into the corners, snicking up and down through the gears...aaah doesn't matter what you riding, motorcycles are fun!
A couple of weeks ago we were in fairly remote back-country and came across a herd of mini-bikes. Those adult guys were having a hoot climbing slickrock granite with their centrifugal clutches and Tecumsehs put-putting away. I was smug in knowledge that my TW was vastly more sophisticated until I saw their disc rear brakes. Shucks, my old mini-bike's brakes consisted of just a steel shoe pressed against rear tire, guess there has been progress...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts