TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is: the $750 1998 TW. Found here in Missoula, Montana, in the middle of the winter, not running and suffering at the hands of a PO that was doing EVERYTHING wrong. Got it away from him, just it time.

New parts: a new chain. Probably sprockets soon and a new o-ring chain. I think the old sprockets will ruin the new ($17.00) chain. New oil and filter. New front tire, soon. And, that's all!

6011 miles. All parts are there except a few nuts and bolts. 50 tooth rear sprocket. Don't know size of front sprocket. Probably stock (14?). Good clutch. Good tranny. Carb was DIRTY but it cleaned up okay.:D
98 TW 1.JPG 98 TW 2.JPG

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I gave 1500 for my 97. Didn't have to do a single thing to it. 3700 miles. I would say it was an excellent buy!!
Mel

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I gave 1500 for my 97. Didn't have to do a single thing to it. 3700 miles. I would say it was an excellent buy!!
Mel
mel, i thought you rocked a rainbow warrior....? how many tdubs to you have? ;)

great find fishguy. i paid $800 for my '94 and it needed much more than chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! I wish I could find one that cheap!
I found this one by riding my 1995 TW around the neighborhood. A guy saw me. We started talking. He said, "Wow! That bike sounds like fun." A couple weeks (months?) later he stops by and says, "Hey, a kid in over by me has a TW that's not running that he wants to sell." He and I went in together and picked it up. He is going to sell his share to me -- and, there you go. I made a new friend and wound-up with a cheap TW in the process.

And, remember, it started with a neighborhood ride. Not Craigslist, although that works, too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice find Neighbor!! I have had my 2005 for about 4 years now and love my TW more with every passing season!

Little bikes rule! I commute in the warmer, dryer times 15 miles NW of Helena to our place on an old placer claim. Stop by anytime!

Rudy in Helena

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Rudy - I get over that way now and then. In fact, two years ago I finished the Native Fishes Aquarium in MDFWP's Montana Wild Outdoor Education Center. Its out at Spring Meadow Lake Park. Go take a look.

May be we can do a ride together this summer.

Steve Fisher

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice winter deal!

I paid $700.00 for my 91' with 4000 miles.

I can recall taking it home on the trailer thinking to myself...... Your a damn fool for buying this old thing.

Well a year and a couple thousand miles later.... Best money ever spent.

Darn fun bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts