TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good irrigation bike and a shabby irrigation truck that has been paid off for 20+ years.....

Being rich or being poor is pretty much in the eyes of the beholder. If you've got a place and a world you can relate to you are rich. If your world is not, well then maybe you are poor. If you can't
call a friend then you are gone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd love to just be poor. As it is, I am going to die so far in debt it's kind of funny. (Married to an addict for 13 years.)
It will only take a bad month or two to force me into bankruptcy though, so there's that to look forward to.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sounds like me.

Have two bikes, both paid for. Two old cars, over 200,000 miles each...both working and paid for.

I use the cycles for routine transport. The Zero costs me about half a dollar a charge.

I wish I were rich. But since I'm not....I'm the next-best thing. VERY...POOR.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'd love to just be poor. As it is, I am going to die so far in debt it's kind of funny. (Married to an addict for 13 years.)
It will only take a bad month or two to force me into bankruptcy though, so there's that to look forward to.
if you need a place to "store" the tw, I can help

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have a place to go home to.
I have a dog(s) that are always happy to see me.
I am very fortunate to have a soul mate.
I am very fortunate to have relatively good health.
I am keeping the wolves away from the door.
My truck gets me there & back, it's old, but works good.
I have a TW...
And I still have my head on my shoulders.
I truly count my blessings. Money I have little of, but I believe I am a very rich person. :icon_thumbright::eek:ccasion14: Cheers! m.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
I have a TW...
I truly count my blessings. Money I have little of, but I believe I am a very rich person. :icon_thumbright::eek:ccasion14: Cheers! m.
Great attitude Mike. I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams; inside too brother. ha ha. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why be rich when ya got poor losers who won't work for nothing steal your stuff and you either never see it again or its found all fubar n jiggerrigged beyond belief.don't get me wrong I hate elitist snob aholes just as much

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
When I retired from the military I lived for the next 12 years below the poverty level. I had the foresight to pay off all debts before I retired, so I got by. I worked for my brother for about 4 years and was a bit above poverty. When I couldn't work for him any more, I was screwed up enough that I couldn't get a job that didn't cause physical pain. This again dropped me into poverty.
In late 2006 I applied for early social security at a reduced rate and with that, my income moved up to about a hair above the poverty line. I suffered a fatal crash in 2009 but the EMTs worked some magic and I woke up in an intensive care unit. About 6 or eight months later the social security declared me disabled and bumped my monthly check up to what it would have been had I retired at 65. This helped a lot. Then The VA sent me a letter saying that they too considered me disabled and began sending me a monthly stipend. About 2 years ago the VA doctor came to my house and poked and prodded and said Hmmmm a lot, then went away. Three months later The VA sent a letter saying that I was a useless old un employable old fart and raised my disability to 100 percent.
This meant that the poverty line was for sure history for me and gave me access to even better medical care since they declared that the start of my problems began while I was on active duty.
I now have a savings account that increases each month and live better than at any time in my life that I was not on active duty. When I was on active duty I had plenty of disposable cash since I mostly served on ships at sea and thus had no real cost of living expenses. That was what allowed me to pay off loans on property and such before I retired out. Not having any debt made living below the poverty line easier. For a few years my rent cost more than half my monthly income. My savings shrunk so much those years that by the time I began receiving social security checks, I was down to a life savings of only 200 dollars at age 62. I now live comfortably and have a growing savings account and cannot understand how I got this fortunate. I cannot break some habits though. I still eat a lot of lentils and beans and potatos and carrots just because they are cheap. Oh, and I like them. I suppose I could consider myself well off compared to my financial history but I still have no credit rating because I do not pay interest to anyone.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose...
Yup.

That's why it's a waste, and dangerous even, to push around someone with one foot in the poorhouse. He's as like as not to say...EFF...YUUU!!! and then quit the job. Or take a swing. Or burn your house down.

I've been at the Johnny Paycheck point three times in the last ten years. First time was the hardest; but since then...I've KNOWN I'm standing on a greased skid. So I borrow little to nothing; pay attention to bills, have some savings...and enjoy some luxuries.

Even now, in my Funemployment.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
As Long as I can afford these on occasion:

Cigars 001.jpg beer-tasting.jpg Covered Bridge Ohio Large R Cropped.png

Wife of 40 years, house paid, vehicles paid, successful kids, smart grandsons....good health considering my age...

Yep, pretty rich....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a TW...
This is what makes one rich. Money(I think that Walt and Jesse would agree doesn't solve all the problems, or even many or any of them). Think what you wish for and then think what you have and just maybe what you have is what you need. Maybe not, but don't lose the good going for some brass ring.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts