TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone added a headlight modulator or a added running light to make themselves more viable to cars?

Cars just don't see us
Doesn't matter who is a fault in a motorcycle accident.
The rider always loses against a car

A few years ago a Chevy Caprice pulled out in front of me on my Super Motor
By the grace of God I avoided the hospital but it was a divine force that made the evasive manuvers.
I've lost my nerve on the road.
My CB1000 as not moved an inch in 5 years(somehow im fine racing mx against 39 bikes)

I'd feel better if I had additional lights front and back

Super Moderator
I've used a brake light modulator and the headlight modulator. I love them. :D
Has anyone added a headlight modulator or a added running light to make themselves more viable to cars?

Cars just don't see us
Doesn't matter who is a fault in a motorcycle accident.
The rider always loses against a car

A few years ago a Chevy Caprice pulled out in front of me on my Super Motor
By the grace of God I avoided the hospital but it was a divine force that made the evasion manuvers.
I've lost my nerve on the road.
My CB1000 as not moved an inch in 5 years(somehow im fine racing mx against 39 bikes)

I'd feel better if I had additional lights front and back

Registered
I had both a headlight and brakelight modulator with extra tail and brakelights on my Suzuki S50 (to avoid being rear-ended at a stop sign or light) and also put on a Stebel air horn, Nothing like being visible and heard to keep the cagers awake and alert. I never put them on my TW 'cause i don't ride it on heavily trafficked roads or at night, but it's cheap insurance. And don't forget the brightly colored clothing and jackets. You can never be too safe.

Registered
If you want to be seen order this vest. Im amazed how well other drivers see me when I'm wearing the Hi-Viz yellow. I never ride on roads without Hi Viz

I did replace my OEM head light with a HID light. I should have bought LED only because the HID has so many components that are needed that it's hard to find space behind the dash to mount them.
IMG_8181.JPG

Registered
I have a factory Yamaha tail box with Kappa side boxes and Givi brackets on my FZ6. I was surprised that a factory tail box and mount would hide my tail light so much and the Givi mounts came with brackets to mount the signal lights at the bottom of the side boxes. I added a bright LED tail/ brake light and mounted my signals up high. The FZ6 only uses one head light on low beam but the head light switch has a wire in the plug for the other head light as used in Europe so I wired that in too. Any kind of high-vis is great too. I would rather be alive than cool.
007 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

Registered
Use both as well. Think it is well worth the time and money. During the day, I can sometimes see the reflection of my pulsing headlight on road signs ahead.
Any recommendations on brand and source for a quality modulator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts