TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around with a friend, and I saw Seminole Powersports in Lake Mary, FL. We pulled in and I found that they had ONE TW200 left. It's a 2009, .7 miles on the odometer. They said 3,800 out the door, so I think I'm going to do it! They're holding it for me until monday!

What do you all think? Do it?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
$3800 OTD isn't bad.

·
Registered
213 Posts
offer them $3200 OTD and see what they say. The bike is 2 years old has been sitting there a long time. The kelly Blue book is $3030. I would get them down from their offer doesn't hurt to ask. They want that bike gone! If you pay their price get the first maintenance for free and a helmet, gloves etc.. I have heard of deals for new ones for that price. My 2 cents:)

·
Registered
355 Posts

I'd do it in a heartbeat!

I bougth my '08 off the showroom floor for $3799 OTD.

Best money I ever spent after my house.

It's a brand new bike so you know that no ones riden the crap out of it.

They're selling it as a new bike and you get the warantty?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would think a 2 year old bike would be a better price than that. I was quoted $3769.12 for a 2010 OTD.

I bought a 2009 for $3000 with $500 of add ons. It only had 395 miles. The guy even drove 150 miles to deliver it to me with no extra charge. I have ridden it 500 miles, and haven't had any trouble with it. I bought another at home for $2700 and it had 550 of add ons and had 2900 miles.

Both tw's I have had no problems with.

I would also check Craig's list. Check all towns you are willing to drive to. The last 3 toys I bought as used, all came from there. I new what I wanted and just kept watching. I did a lot of research on these knew the nada values, and used that for making offers. They may or may not take your offer. On an atv I bought I offered him $800 left. He eventually took it after a month as he had no one else that even called about it.

I will say I have missed some good offers I waited on.

But do some shopping around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's being sold as a brand new bike. Like I said, it's only got .7 miles on the odometer. All they did was test drive it. It's just been sitting there for two years.

They disclosed what the actual value of the bike is, which is 3200. I might be able to talk them down a little bit from the 3800 out the door price.

There haven't been any major updates since 2009 or any issues with 09's in need to worry about, are there? That's my only real concern.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I live in Alberta , Canada and the best deal I've found is 4800 out the door for a 2009 .

Bow Cycle in Calgary has a new 2010 advertised for $3999. It's been on sale at that price all winter, so they may be persuaded to eat the fees and taxes.

Bow Cycle dual-sport

It's not US prices, but not bad.

Of course they may pull a Blackfoot and refuse to sell without huge assembly and doc fees.

·
Registered
180 Posts
These are great little bikes! I bought mine almost a year and a half ago (2007 with 4k miles at the time) for $2k and have driven it everyday usually around 20 miles a day. The only problems I have had was from me leaving the key in it and killing the battery. Other than that I have done ALL the maintenance myself and am confident this will continue to be the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I've committed to buy a dr350se tomorrow so now I will have something to compare it's reliability to...

·
Registered
213 Posts
They can call it a new bike but it is already 2 years old. So to me that is not new. If you went to trade it in they would call it a 2 year old bike with 7 miles:)Don't get me wrong I have an 2007 that I bought for $2250 with 1200 miles about 10 months ago and LOVE the bike. It is a blast to own and what ever you do you will enjoy the bike. No issues to worry about. They are charging you what they paid plus all the taxes and tag fees and making money on top of that, I would take $3200 cash and say here is my offer. Be prepared to walk, they will call you. You have to remember NO ONE has tried to buy it in 2 years, it has been sitting. Time for them to take their losses and move on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What's tax and lic go for around there? That's ~$400 of value here.

But ya, if they gave you that price on the front end, there's prolly a bit more room. It's costing them floorspace at minimum.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Invisibledove, A good price is what you are willing to pay and still be excited. There are all kinds of ways of looking at it, but the bottom line is how sick will you be if you don't buy this one now? Yes the bike has an older model date, but its new and unabused. I'd rather have an older bike that I know than a newer one that I can't tell how hard its been abused etc. Sure you should bargain with the boys, but don't pass up a deal that you will regret if you get forced to buy a less "new" bike. Every deal is situationally personal. Whats a hundred dollars worth to you if you save it and don't ride for the next 3 weeks. Me, I want to ride - as soon as I unload the PU full of books that I collected this weekend for the local library's book sale. Its springtime in New Mexico - I had a thousand sand hill cranes whirling around in the river flats behind my house and they are headed for Colorado tonight. Happy Spring and go riding. Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Buy it, that is a great price, and with gas prices going up, the demand for these bikes may go up a little. what other motorcycle can get 75 mpg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with others on a lower price ,My purchase of an 09 with 193 miles just fews days back $2699.00 Tax regestering etc came to $3197.00 here in New Mexico, any way at what price you pay the rewards will be great for the enjoyment factor envolved....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts