TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself building this 225 6 speed this winter and to be honest I'm not really sure why. I only weigh 125# so the stock motor moves me just fine, has a fresh rebuild, and has proven to be reliable, but I just cant help my self. being in my shop with wrenches seems to be where I like to be on cold dark days. Ive done this a time or two. who knows what will be next.

It all started with the scooter in my avatar pic. I have somehow lost the build pics, but that did have a built motor and was an absolute blast!

then I rebuild a monster several years back and here are just a couple shots

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

then the scooter had to go. I put 10K on that built motor with nothing but maintenance, but the auto clutch left me with some desire and lets face it I NEEDED A FIX! I have always liked hondas and for some reason these transverse twins intrigue me. ahead of their time I think and it really is a great machine. I ride this bike all over the state now and would go farther if i could set aside more time. It gets a reliable 65-70 MPG, carries my gear, water cooled, shaft drive, air suspension, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and this this one followed me home. Actually thats not really far from the truth. It was free from a friend of a friend who didnt know what killed it.

and on a good day they all graze together. Ive since added a cycle rack and some other goodies as well as piled on some miles.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those are some nice builds for sure, I love the red truss frame on the duc, and that Transverse Honda is amazing. Maybe the 225 6 speed IS an intervention. Great project shots from the " gorilla garage "

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice projects! I have always liked the transverse Hondas. Keep us posted on the 6 speed, I'm hoping to have mine completed this winter.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I think the same type of mind that looks at a TW200 and says to itself, "damn that looks like fun", also enjoys occupying itself with technical inner workings such as those encountered in engine build projects. Good times indeed.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Wish I knew how to find and post pics. Look at Moto Guzzi V700, Ambassador, El Dorado. V700 was first imported to the US in '67. 700cc's four speed Italian road bike. IMO they are the transverse V-Twin Shaft Drive innovators. Still making the awesome V-Twin shaft drive today. Their history is very lengthy. Love my Guzzi's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts