TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is, until I rode my TW in shorts today. What a day, near 80, beautiful riding but only got to go about 15-20 miles. I hit reserve at 91 miles, and after fillup, had gottten like 69.24mpg. My best so far. Had my son on the back for a bit, then dropped him off to put a few miles on myself. Found out a Stewarts shop about 4 miles from my house has ethanol-free 91 octane. That's where I will be filling up my TW and my gas can for my yard equipment from now on...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SickPuppy, the term "bees Knees" does mean something good. What you ended up with is "burned Knees"....not good. :(
No, just got hit in the knees with some bees while riding. Luckily not stung :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
That is, until I rode my TW in shorts today. What a day, near 80, beautiful riding but only got to go about 15-20 miles. I hit reserve at 91 miles, and after fillup, had gottten like 69.24mpg. My best so far. Had my son on the back for a bit, then dropped him off to put a few miles on myself. Found out a Stewarts shop about 4 miles from my house has ethanol-free 91 octane. That's where I will be filling up my TW and my gas can for my yard equipment from now on...
great find! we always check Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada before road trips because we don't have any ethanol-free stations close to us.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Just be glad they didn't end up in your helmet. I can tell you from personal experience that its not fun....

Or up your shorts:)

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Like waaaay up your shorts!!
I was gonna say bee's are like flying snakes, but I thought better of it with the whole "up your shorts" comment. But I couldn't stand it any longer, I just had too!:D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I live in sunny CA where we all wears shorts, wear sandals, drive convertables and surf year around but.......I neverrrrrrr wear shorts riding a motorcycle..... Thick good quality jeans only. The thought of a big meaty bumblebee or nasty ass wasp crawling up my leg and doing some serious damage makes me shudder. I've been stung on the neck but not much I could do to prevent that and luckily only a honey bee......

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I had a nasty experience with a bee many years ago. I was riding up Independence Pass in Colorado before it was all paved on my BSA 650, with jeans and calf length riding boots with a rear zipper. I had just passed a bunch of slow tourists when somehow a bee got down into my boot and started stinging me...actually it was probably a Yellowjacket......Boy, do I HATE Yellowjackets! I jumped off the bike, ripped off the boot doing a fancy one step while ALL the damn tourists passed me!:mad:
:p

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had bumblebees go splat on my knees. Gross. Never stung though. Once had a big junebug fly into my mouth while doing about 20mph on my bicycle, that was unpleasant. Tasted almost as good as bad as my wife's cooking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts