TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
View attachment 9020

There, take that you jerk hole of a woodchuck!!

Just did this myself on Thursday night. I wont post a picture though because my 50gr hollow points out of the .223 made a dirty mess of his brain bucket;)

Tom

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
LMAO!

GaryL

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crossbow?

Yes, a Barnett Jackal with a Red Dot scope and G5 small game heads on the bolts. I sharpened the center point to get better penetration. Broadheadss worked great except if the chuck was in front of the shed. It would pin them to the shed (kinda gross, in a cute sorta way) and I would break the broadhead trying to get it out of the shed. Got too costly. If I missed, they would snake themselves under the tall grass, very difficult to find. I've got a 32' by 32' blind set up (my garage) and keep the screen out of the window by my workbench. If I see a woodchuck while in the house, I can sneak out to the garage, cock it, and use the workbench for a rest. Works out pretty good.

point.png

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Yes, a Barnett Jackal with a Red Dot scope and G5 small game heads on the bolts. I sharpened the center point to get better penetration. Broadheadss worked great except if the chuck was in front of the shed. It would pin them to the shed (kinda gross, in a cute sorta way) and I would break the broadhead trying to get it out of the shed. Got too costly. If I missed, they would snake themselves under the tall grass, very difficult to find. I've got a 32' by 32' blind set up (my garage) and keep the screen out of the window by my workbench. If I see a woodchuck while in the house, I can sneak out to the garage, cock it, and use the workbench for a rest. Works out pretty good.

View attachment 9197
Unless you are a woodchuck that is!:eek:

Tom

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
nice shot!...had to be stealthy i bet...i have one in my yard and if i open my slider door (about 100' away) he is gone...but i don't have a garden and he isn't bothering me so i have no reason to off him

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
nice shot!...had to be stealthy i bet...i have one in my yard and if i open my slider door (about 100' away) he is gone...but i don't have a garden and he isn't bothering me so i have no reason to off him
Same here but with Squirrels. I have a dozen or more Gray ones that run into my yard and pick up the tree nuts but stay out in the trees. Then I have the smaller Red Squirrels that get in my attic and shed and do all sorts of damage. I am constantly at war with them. Funny how that works, stay out and enjoy life!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
They have poor eye sight but excellent hearing.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I am sure they are edible and the hide would be soft as well. That critter would make a good dinner and fur trim for your jacket, gloves or hat.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Absolutely edible and taste like Chicken:p

Just not not this time of year when they are loaded with worms and other parasites.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 67 Posts