TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I´m customizing my TW to be a cafe racer, Do you have any idea if i can adapt an tx500 or a 350 engine to the system???
Thanks

Pd. I was told to use more teeth in the fron braket and less in the back to increaso power.

·
Registered
503 Posts
you figure that one out, you let us know.

meanwhile, most all the rest of us will be enjoying our more than capable bikes. Certainly not the fastest but, we know we'll get there. Where ever 'there' is.

my advise.... Get another bike

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Changing your sprockets has a downside.... when you change sprockets to get more speed you give up torque / if you gear for more torque then you give up speed.

So if you change from a 14/50 to a 15/50 you gain 7.1% more speed but you lose 7.1% torque. If you get greedy and gear for a lot more speed then you will lose so much torque that you will never see your new top speed unless you are riding down a mountain pass with the wind blowing at your back.. Example changing to a 14/35 sprocket setup would on paper get you 42.9% more speed but would take away 42.9% of your torque leaving you with in essence a

37303_honda_ct110_thumb-4b77aa8124c86.jpg

The time, effort (example=trips to a machine shop, welding, frame mods, rewiring the bike) and cash you will need to fit a bigger engine would be better spent just buying a bigger bike.

I've had my bike up around 70mph down a few big hills. It was NOT as fun as i had hoped once the steering wobble started.

One person over at ADV solved this bigger engine puzzle by taking a TW200 tire and transplanting it onto another bike........

The TW 650GS

PIC-3154.jpg

PIC-3152.jpg

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If I were to want more power in a TW, I would get a bike that has the power already and put fat tires on it. Seems to me figuring a way to put a small countershaft to move over the final drive chain would be easier than trying to put an oversize engine in a frame that is made for 13hp. Putting a shaft on the forward part of a wide swing frame up front the secondary chain would never notice the slacking or tightening as the shock shortened or lengthened. However the primary one would. If one were to run the shaft to the right side for secondary from the left drive the bearing seats woulnd't be torqued so bad.
Just a thought lol, build a swing arm that has the shaft through the pivot bearings on the swingarm. The chain tightness would never change. I can sure see how this could be done just by moving the C part back just a bit to allow for sprockets.. I can see it now, a back tire off a quad 12 inches wide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts