TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, brand new member here. I bought a new TW200 this weekend. I plan to use it to get around the local plantation fields here in Burke and Screven county Ga. I hunt hogs and also deer with a crop damage permit at night. I use thermals and night vision goggles to navigate once I am off road. I need a kill switch to disable all the lighting on the TW200. Removing the 20A fuse that kills the lights also kills the ignition, so I cant bypass that circuit. Is there some way I can add a kill swith to the four wire ignition switch plug? I think that would also kill the ignition as well. Anybody have an idea, other than switching everything individually. I dont want seperate switches for each individual light. It would be great if somebody can build a switch that will plug into my existing wiring harness, without having to cut and splice. I am willing to pay for something like that. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Hello everyone, brand new member here. I bought a new TW200 this weekend. I plan to use it to get around the local plantation fields here in Burke and Screven county Ga. I hunt hogs and also deer with a crop damage permit at night. I use thermals and night vision goggles to navigate once I am off road. I need a kill switch to disable all the lighting on the TW200. Removing the 20A fuse that kills the lights also kills the ignition, so I cant bypass that circuit. Is there some way I can add a kill swith to the four wire ignition switch plug? I think that would also kill the ignition as well. Anybody have an idea, other than switching everything individually. I dont want seperate switches for each individual light. It would be great if somebody can build a switch that will plug into my existing wiring harness, without having to cut and splice. I am willing to pay for something like that. My email is [email protected]
Welcome Crow. Scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find a section called "similar threads". Your answer normally lies there. If, after researching there you can't find the answer, someone will jump in with newer ideas.

Tom

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
This is pretty easy. I installed a headlight kill switch on my TW, so all you need to do them is add the tail and turn signal DRLs to that using a relay. The only wire I'm not sure how to find (easily) is the taillight wire; the others can be found under the plastic headlight cowl. With some bullet connectors for the factory wiring and flat blade connectors for the relay, you could wire it up without cutting any factory wires, so it could be returned to stock.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Will the TW200 continue to run after the battery is disconected ? If I install a battery kill switch as suggested in another thread, will the TW200 continue running if the battery switch is turned off after the bike has been started ? That seams like the simplest solution

Edit. The TW200 continues to run if the battery is completely disconected. Unfortunately , so does all the lights
Looks like six switches are needed to turn off four side markers, headlight, and tail light.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That sounds like a bad idea; the stator output is sent into the battery to charge it; with noplace to go, I'd have to assume it would stay in the stator and burn it out. That or it'd overheat the regulator... unless the regulator is designed to handle that and just shunt it off as heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts