TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spur of the moment ride last Thursday resulted in 319 miles, 60/40 off-road. Left home around 12:30pm and was back home at 3:30am. Surprisingly wasn’t too tired, but was glad to get back home, showered, and in the bed.

Saw many deer, a bear (ran out about 30'-40' ahead of me, then ran down edge of dirt road another 20', then darted back into the woods), turtle, turkeys, rattlesnake, and rabbits.

Around 7:30pm realized I hadn’t eaten much all day, and was getting hungry, and out of nowhere had a taste for Mexican. And I knew just the place. El Rodeo in Lake Park, GA., about 40-/+ miles away, so I pointed the ‘ol Tractor in that direction, and off we rode. Mile by mile I got hungrier. Finally arrived around 8:45pm, and quickly ordered since they closed @ 9:30. Chips & salsa with a Mich Ultra, then a Beef Burrito Supreme with a Diet Coke, and man-o-man was it ALL good! I was worried I might fall asleep and fall over from eating, but it perked me up just right!

Went across the road and filled up the tank, and mentally prepared for the long ride back home....approximately 140 miles through a lot of remote dirt roads, probably faster than I needed to, but made it home alright. Hit reserve about 30 miles from home.

Was a great day….night….and morning!

Lunch break…..had 3 handfuls!

Bear track....left the bike running just in case. :)

Luckily I didn’t need any go-go juice.

·
Super Moderator
14,869 Posts
Spur of the moment ride last Thursday resulted in 319 miles, 60/40 off-road. Left home around 12:30pm and was back home at 3:30am. Surprisingly wasn’t too tired, but was glad to get back home, showered, and in the bed.

Saw many deer, a bear (ran out about 30'-40' ahead of me, then ran down edge of dirt road another 20', then darted back into the woods), turtle, turkeys, rattlesnake, and rabbits.

Around 7:30pm realized I hadn’t eaten much all day, and was getting hungry, and out of nowhere had a taste for Mexican. And I knew just the place. El Rodeo in Lake Park, GA., about 40-/+ miles away, so I pointed the ‘ol Tractor in that direction, and off we rode. Mile by mile I got hungrier. Finally arrived around 8:45pm, and quickly ordered since they closed @ 9:30. Chips & salsa with a Mich Ultra, then a Beef Burrito Supreme with a Diet Coke, and man-o-man was it ALL good! I was worried I might fall asleep and fall over from eating, but it perked me up just right!

Went across the road and fill up the tank, and mentally prepared for the long ride back home....approximately 140 miles through a lot of remote dirt roads, probably faster than I needed to, but made it home alright. Hit reserve about 30 miles from home.

Was a great day….night….and morning!

Lunch break…..had 3 handfuls!
View attachment 215860

View attachment 215861 View attachment 215862

Luckily I didn’t need any go-go juice.
View attachment 215863
View attachment 215864 View attachment 215865 View attachment 215866
View attachment 215868 View attachment 215869
Awesome pictures. I almost passed out seeing the rattlesnake though haha.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome pictures. I almost passed out seeing the rattlesnake though haha.
I'd just entered a clear cut of pines, and was videoing with phone in left hand, and noticed it last second, and turned away to not run over it, and lifted my right leg off the peg, as it was stretched out over the path and never moved. I stopped, got off the bike and walked back to it. He moved as I got within 6'. He wasn't too happy I was around.
:)

I hadn't seen a rattler in years!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's quite a "day" ride....inspiring.

Reactions: SpeedyTide

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Are those delicious Mulberries? I sure miss them! That is surely a Gopher Tortoise, and I'll be damned if that isn't a Timber Rattlesnake! Gorgeous!!!

Reactions: SpeedyTide

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are those delicious Mulberries? I sure miss them! That is surely a Gopher Tortoise, and I'll be damned if that isn't a Timber Rattlesnake! Gorgeous!!!
reddave.....they are delicious, but are Blackberries :). I've yet to ever taste, or even see, a mulberry. Perhaps one of these days.

As Meat Loaf sang....."Two out of three ain't bad!" (y)

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I'd just entered a clear cut of pines, and was videoing with phone in left hand, and noticed it last second, and turned away to not run over it, and lifted my right leg off the peg, as it was stretched out over the path and never moved. I stopped, got off the bike and walked back to it. He moved as I got within 6'. He wasn't too happy I was around.
:)

I hadn't seen a rattler in years!!

Hey Cousin, How Ya Doin? 🐍 {{Hoots encounter with a Northern Michigan harmless, but evil looking, Hognose}

Eye Plant Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal Bird nest

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Hoot, do these get anywhere near the size of a cobra?
Actually I thought, at first, it was a Northern Timber Rattler{lots of those in Michigan}, then I started taking photos and it, decided to go into a sheepish mode, and I knew it was just a Non Lethal snake...the Hognose tend to do the Possum thing...
Snake Reptile Hat Serpent Terrestrial animal

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not at all...they {Hognose} are shy, harmless snakes, and much smaller...
Figured as much, Cobra's are rather large snakes, but wanted to ask as I don't believe I'd ever heard of the Hognose.

·
Registered
22,017 Posts
Nice to see someone else using the headlight as intended. (y)
Night riding on a warm summer evening can be very entertaining. I can see how it can become after 3 AM by time you get back home.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to see someone else using the headlight as intended. (y)
Night riding on a warm summer evening can be very entertaining. I can see how it can become after 3 AM by time you get back home.
Amen to that Fred! I enjoy them. And @Scooterbrained & I have done many over the last year.

Hoping to do a short night ride this Saturday night.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts