TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya ya I know I said I did not want one but that being said I took it in trade for my 01 nomad,I thought I would never get rid of that turd:p I liked it ok but was so not my style. I also sold my 99 dr200 I put it on craigslist for more than I thought it was worth....1200.00 and it sold in a few hours:)so now I have this klr and I find I really do like it, it is way more comfy to ride than my dr650 ever was It is missing the side radiator cowling but I got enough money difference to get every part it was missing, it only has 6500 miles on it and runs like a champ......so now I got to farkel it up:icon_thumleft: and yes I will put the doohickey on it soon. 20160206_104741_001.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Heh, the whole darn bike is a sail in heavy crosswind.. It's good for keeping traffic offa yer tail though - the cars behind think you're about to fall over riding at an angle and back off a bit :p

If you run a lot of accessories (gps, heated gear, etc) mind that there's not much power left over past running the bike. Swapping your lights over to LED's helps; or you could be cheap like me and just put a discharge indicator on your dash so you know when to turn stuff off.

Oh, and the Gen 2's have that stupid thing where if the battery voltage drops below whatever random number the cdi says is 'good' you can crank the engine over all day, but it won't fire up.
Charge the battery and she's right as rain again.

...don't ask how long it took me to figure that one out, or how many pieces the bike was in when the lightbulb went off..

Have Fun!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cry foul ! :D

I was tricked into reading this thread, because 66roadkill66 claimed to have gone over to the Darkside.

For those of you that don't know what the Darkside means in the Motorcycle world...it means putting a Car Tire on your motorcycle.
I have been a member of the Darkside riding cummunity for a few years now, and currently have a Michelin Primacy Alpin 3 run-flat on the rear of my Honda Goldwing 1800.

Darkside = Car Tire on a motorcycle...............not buying a KLR 650 :p
well now I think the "darkside" can have more than one meaning hmmmm????;) and I did put (i got a klr) in the title :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one downside so far to the klr is I am shelling out 515 bucks to replace stupid plastic cowlings and a few other bits.....and because those stupid cowls are so costly I will need to by guards now to:( but I still like it I have put 200 miles on it so far in 2 days. With the cowls off I did not notice much of a problem on the freeway passing trucks so it will be interesting so see if they make a difference when I get them on there.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
one downside so far to the klr is I am shelling out 515 bucks to replace stupid plastic cowlings and a few other bits.....and because those stupid cowls are so costly I will need to by guards now to:( but I still like it I have put 200 miles on it so far in 2 days. With the cowls off I did not notice much of a problem on the freeway passing trucks so it will be interesting so see if they make a difference when I get them on there.
That's why I'm not upgrading to a new KLR. My '95 has a lot less fairing than the newer ones. Besides that, mine's just getting broken in and running good at 28,000 miles.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but did the radiator mounting points change between '08 and '09?
It's just out of curiosity, really, as my lower mount point for the radiator is the cowling and the rad wiggles waaay too much to ride 'naked' as it were. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This might be a stupid question, but did the radiator mounting points change between '08 and '09?
It's just out of curiosity, really, as my lower mount point for the radiator is the cowling and the rad wiggles waaay too much to ride 'naked' as it were. :)
no they did not change it does wiggle a little so I have not done any off road with it. My parts come in this week and I am going to put them on straight away so I can try this bike up in the woods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts