TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else been out yet? I've been out the past 2 Saturday's, got nothing the first time, the second time I caught 2 perch plus picked up image.jpg a 22" northern that someone didn't want.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Setting up to be a No Ice year here in the NY Catskills. Saw just some skim ice in the early morning on the pond down the road but no ice at all on the lakes I fish.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Setting up to be a No Ice year here in the NY Catskills. Saw just some skim ice in the early morning on the pond down the road but no ice at all on the lakes I fish.

GaryL
^^^^^ This is the GOOD news ^^^^^

The BETTER news is that with falling gas prices it will cost me very little to continue riding my TW all winter long!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Damn Global Warming! Some years here I am on 6 inches of solid ice by Christmas day and other years we never do get enough to fish. Wife made the rule, "You have to have 6 inches to fish":confused:

GaryL

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well guys.... Some of us look forward to snow--------------------------pause------------------------ Because we ride snowmobiles.. I love the change of seasons. That's why I live in Mich....I look forward to getting my bikes out in the spring and then getting my sleds out in the fall.:headbang:OMM.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Well guys.... Some of us look forward to snow--------------------------pause------------------------ Because we ride snowmobiles.. I love the change of seasons. That's why I live in Mich....I look forward to getting my bikes out in the spring and then getting my sleds out in the fall.:headbang:OMM.
I just enjoy whatever I get. The years I get ice and snow, I enjoy that. The years I don't, well, I enjoy that too. Spice of life.

That being said OMM, I haven't even bothered to move the sled up from the very back of the barn...seems a waste of time at the moment. Projected 54F today here.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Pretty sure the lakes around here will not lock up.
We all thought that last year up here in the northeast. December was so mild that we never saw what was coming in January and February. Last year was 70deg the day after Christmas and month later we were buried under feet of snow and it stayed so cold ice didn't leave until almost may which is quite late around here. I normally have my boat in the water in New Hampshire fishing for smallies by early April, last year i didn't get up there until mid May.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I too enjoy the change of seasons and am well prepared for what ever comes our way. Right now it is bitter sweet! Not complaining and just stating the facts. We had 60 here today and very fer days so far where the temps at night went much below freezing, just a handful or so of good frosts. Fuel oil is down to $2.00/gal. and the dealers are stuck with full tanks and willing to deal but I am not using all that much. Once the temps go well below zero they will crank the price right back up and that will be the time when I will need a delivery. I really wish my house had a 1,000 gallon tank instead of the 275 it has because now is the time to fill it up and I would be good for 2 full years. Just last year and the year before the price of fuel oil was more than double what it is right now and the winters were long, very cold and very expensive. I use about 400 gallons per year and spent $1700 last year and $1850 the year before. I can buy 800 gallons right now, 2 years worth for $1600.

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts