1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
WOW, really something to see.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
In the long burned out days of my youth when I was in my twenties in 19 sixties, a bunch of us would go out on the frozen Illinois river a couple of times each winter
and do that in informal races. Only a few of us had spiked tires and we out classed all the rest. Later in the nineties and early 21st century in Washington state I would put ice studs in one of my sidecar machines and my TW and have a ball each winter. The TW excelled in this with fat tires AND ice studs I had better control than even 4 wheel drive vehicles with studded tires. My advantage was that with body English I could bias my weight where it was needed. One day I was nearly hit by a car sliding on ice.
I easily maneuvered away and stopped, watching him slide past and stop in a drift. He stuck his head out and cussed me for a crazy loon for riding a motorcycle on ice and snow.
I smiled and pointed out to him that it was not me who lost control of his vehicle.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Some day I'm going to stud up the TW or get a bike just for the lake across the street. Nice thing on the lake is you don't require plates or insurance so it would be nice to find a beater bike just for that. Some winters its just like a skating rink then some years there is just to much snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts