TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0687.JPG

Long story short I took my bike apart to install a bunch of things I ordered but unfortunately I totaled out my car and went through the front windshield, so it's been like I'm putting it back together for someone else beings I barely remember the day I took it apart or about 3 days after the wreck. I've got it back together besides this guy. If I could get some help identifying it and where it goes/what it does I'd appreciate it. By the way brain injuries are out there the concussion makes you forget a bunch of stuff plus everything "feels" different. I don't recommend them but if you find yourself in the situation remember I said it was normal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would say this is a fun game of TW Trivia were your situation not so serious. I just spent awhile looking at one of the parts fiche sites. The electrical part would narrow it down, I thought, but I still can't figure it out, sorry. You are sure it's from the TW? I'll be interested to find out what it is if & when someone identifies it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do a lot of work on bikes, I just swapped a motor in my buddy's sv650 2 weeks ago. So I'm not 100% it's from the tw. It it was in my tw box. So unless the pre-concussed me made a mistake it's from the tw. Mines an 88 and the little birdie in the back of my head was saying it came from under the tank. The bikes not getting any fire out of the coil, but like I said for my life I can't remember where it came from. Don't worry guys about taking my situation seriously because I sure as hell don't. Shit happens. This time the shit came in the form of an f150 is all :).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I will have to start with, where are you and your bike from? We have world wide members, I didn't see any info on your profile.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I've also spent a couple hours studying parts fiches and my service manual or I wouldn't be bothering the community. I could have missed it I'm just saying you guys are my last hope.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate it brother, I think if I had been on the bike the wreck wouldn't have happened but your right had I been on it there wouldn't have been a Kia to absorb the impact so I'm grateful as well

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have also tried it with the kickstand switch shorted out on the harness side and with it just unhooked still no fire out the coil. The only connection that looks iffy is one black wire at the back of the bike that looks like it was supposed to go to a turn signal but they function normally.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My pre tear down pictures showed this wire unhooked before I started is why I left it unhooked. It doesn't appear to have a home.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I'm from south Mississippi in the U.S. And the bike is from the same region to my knowledge. Sorry about the profile I always get online on my phone and couldn't figure out how to add info to my profile but I didn't try very long.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
So there shouldn't be anything different on yours then. I have never seen anything like that on mine either. Was it an aftermarket capacitor so that it can run without a battery? Maybe with a homemade bracket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My buddy who owns the previous bike in my shop stopped by this evening and said he didn't remember but it may have been a part off his aftermarket HID kit. So that's what I'm gonna go with and take the stator cover off and inspect that region as to the cause of the coil not getting fire that's the last place I have to check. Guess the pre wreck me made a mistake when gathering the tw parts and picked up an extra one. I appreciate all of the members of the community taking the time to look at my problem. Hope y'all have a good night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts