TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dub starts and idles strong but as soon as you twist the throttle it dies. This happened when I replaced the battery but I think its unrelated. Whats going on and what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I saw this once before and at that time it was a plugged pilot jet.

The blockage in the pilot jet was translucent so you could look through the pilot jet and swear it was clear. Once cleaned out it was easy to see the difference, a much brighter light shining through.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yes looks can be deceiving. My neighbor gave me a piece of broken guitar string. That and compressed air makes sure they’re open.

I also suggest close inspection of carb boots and air filter. But we kinda need more info.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so it does this even when its 100 percent warmed up. I sort of know nothing about carbs so either the too lean idea or the pilot jet I would need a little direction on what to do. The carb boot appears to be tight on the engine side but due to shrinkage tge filter side has a poir seal on it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I would need pics for either of those twothings. Also to be more clear just the tiniest twist of the throttle kills it. Anything above idle and it's dead

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Pull the choke out at the same time as you twist the throttle and see if that makes ANY difference.

Check that you didn't hook up the battery drain hose to the carb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts