1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
+++++

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Problem is does anyone have a real working plan that's better than what we have now? A rebellion won't solve anything unless a good plan that's back by the people can be put into place.

·
Registered
184 Posts
if people would stop putting their hands out for govt. money for every little special interest group and off shore countrys begging for aid taxes wouldn't have to be so high .in my opinion govt. should only be concerened with education,defence,health,highways and natural resources .

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the powers of the Federal Government here are actually spelled out. They are called the "enumerated powers" and are rather limited. The problem is the Federal Government just ignores the restraint, and the people apparently don't care.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Well they just closed down the last lead smelter here in the U.S. So no more bullets or 100LL av gas. Guess I'll start saving my old wheel weights and sinkers and forget about a small airplane.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Problem is does anyone have a real working plan that's better than what we have now? A rebellion won't solve anything unless a good plan that's back by the people can be put into place.
Obviously you have not been listening. Denial and feigned ignorance is a typical leftist tactic. Read Saul Alynski's Rules For Radicals for more details about the various aspects of leftist mind games.

if people would stop putting their hands out for govt. money for every little special interest group and off shore countrys begging for aid taxes wouldn't have to be so high .in my opinion govt. should only be concerened with education,defence,health,highways and natural resources .
Actually, there is no constitutional role for the national level of government in education, highways other than those necessary for postal, defence, and/or interstate commerce purposes, or natural resource management. It doesn't matter what you think, that is how the Constitution is written. If you want to add to the enumerated powers and duties, the Constitution contains a means for change. Use it.

Well, the powers of the Federal Government here are actually spelled out. They are called the "enumerated powers" and are rather limited. The problem is the Federal Government just ignores the restraint, and the people apparently don't care.
Yup.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I agree, except for the "Education" Part..the Department of Education, formed under that Idiot Jimmy Carter, needs to be sent packing...let the States and Local Districts do "Public Education"...outlaw the NEA for starters...EPA needs to be cut back as well.

This coming from someone with a long line of teachers in the family{including wife} who despise the Teachers Unions and what they have done to our school systems....and from someone{me} that worked in conjunction with the Federal and State of Ohio EPA for years...they are a joke! We need a clean environment, but not the Nazi Like policies of the EPA and it's various state affiliations.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Man do I fit in here, talk about a forum of like minded individuals. Hence the Guy Fawkes avatar. I just cannot under stand how the left can steal a right wing conservative icon like the mask modeled after Guy Fawkes. :mad: :BangHead:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Have you ever seen a chart comparing our tax rate with that of other developed countries? We are pretty inexpensive by comparison as I recall.

·
Registered
254 Posts
"...We are over due for a rebellion of some sort. .."

Yeah,and I'll bet that the 20-40 child worshippers will think of some highly effective way to support that rebellion,such as driving with their vehicle flashers on full time,or something similarly lame that sissies think is a means to an end......wait a minnit,they'd have to first disconnect from the Governmental Teat.....and that won't happen. Never mind.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
IMHO America will have to get much worse off - like people starving, before we can garner any actual organized support for a rebellion and unfortunately it will be fragmented and unfocused. Lets just start hanging politicians now with worst offenders of violations to our constitution going first, with a deadline for the remaining to cleanup or face the same say in 2 weeks? Then we demand immediate end to all term limits. PACs, campaign finance and special treatment for politicians. Return it to a duty without lifetime reward. Make property owners or those with a wage the only eligible voters. That should start us in the right direction. We can fix the rest as we go. All in favor say Aye.
Welfare and entitlement reform, debt repayment and expatriation of those not willing to become AMERICANS, immigration would be high on the list, with foreign owned property in our borders forbidden etc....

·
Registered
76 Posts
You paid your dues Croatoan, I did not mean to exclude our faithful retirees. Hope to be there some day myself but not expecting too much as I see it. Btw yes I would vote for Scalia as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts