TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who does this almost once every ride? When I stop I hang my helmet on the bars and drop my gloves in it. It's pretty frustrating when I do it and also kind of embarrassing like when I did it in front of some chicks at a gas station. If some Of the fingers of the glove weren't sticking out in front of my face I would have just drove off. The black gloves disappear inside the helmet. I need some neon ones.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I recently broke down and bought Denice and I new armoured riding gloves, used mine twice and lost them. We searched the truck, the RV, the house, called the kids to see if they might have taken them by accident.....nothing. Then a month later Denice is putting my old helmet away and there inside was my new gloves! So for me its not forgetting to take them out of the helmet, its forgetting which helmet I put them in. Getting old so young sucks.:distress:

·
Registered
796 Posts
My fav is to put my gloves on then remember to zip my jacket or even put helmet on. The glasses! Jumping Jesus until I got
into modular helmets I was always setting my glasses down to put on helmet only to knock them off and have to scramble about
looking for them as I be bout blind w/out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just keep riding away with the gloves sitting behind me and haven't found a full pair lost that way yet. Also, I have to put my glasses on after the helmet and sometimes forget and go off w/o them. Fortunately not sitting on my bike so just a return after a short ride.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am worried that one day, when we are high on the mountain tops, I let Denice off the bike for her "nature call" and forget she was with me and ride home without her! After a day or two and the laundry piles up or I run out of milk I will remember where I left her...then send someone else to go get her. That is mostly why I invested in riding gear, limits the bruising while she beats me with a 2x4.

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
I am worried that one day, when we are high on the mountain tops, I let Denice off the bike for her "nature call" and forget she was with me and ride home without her! After a day or two and the laundry piles up or I run out of milk I will remember where I left her...then send someone else to go get her. That is mostly why I invested in riding gear, limits the bruising while she beats me with a 2x4.
ImaPoser.gif

Dementia, could happen! Denice, be careful and take the keys with you on your "nature calls"!:p

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
This is one of the best threads I've read in a while. And yes, it's hard to put your helmet on and adjust it, or zip your jacket, or your britches lol with those gloves on. I'm not an ATGATT guy, so it's not always a problem.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The gloves aren't my problem but the sunglasses are....I need to remove them to get the helmet on or they do smash down on my face and I look and feel like a dork. That's if they are actually on my face, other times, they are up on my head and I try to put the helmet over them.

With the TW, all this fussing about does give the bike time to warm up but when I am group riding with my Star groups I'm wasting precious time....and it's usually because I am also trying to hurry and get the music on my phone going while syncing it with my U-Clear communication device. I think I have only used that device once for communicating but I love listening to music while riding.

On my TW, I have the bark shields so I can't hang the helmet on the handlebars.....I do that on my other bikes though so the gloves in the helmet is an issue on occasion but more frequently, it's the sunglasses. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts