TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had $13,000 you could spend and was in the market for a cruiser, what cruiser would you buy? Looking forward to all your responses
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Either a New CB1000, I think they are the coolest looking bikes out there

Or a used BMW Cruiser. I don't remember the model.

I already have a 2010 Fatboy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not a hard choice for me..............VMAX, nothing like it. Rode a 09 a couple years back. Power everywhere, at any speed, and in any gear. Stops and turns pretty good too. Very comfortable, only downside is the range.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Harley-Davidson FXD Superglide. I don't know if they're still $12,995, but they were just a few years ago. They're the real deal, super comfortable, great gas mileage, and quite reliable. Low maintenence, with hydraulic lifters, separate tranny oil-engine oil, smooth quiet belt drive, fuel injection-really just change the oil & ride it. You don't have to become a chrome loving biker to ride one, just do your own thing. Harleys aren't hard to get anymore, so dealers are dealin' BTW, my last cruiser was a Honda VTX1300C-a great bike, one of my favorites i've had, but I miss my Harleys. At least go test ride one-really. my 2cents- Glenn

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Harley-Davidson FXD Superglide. I don't know if they're still $12,995, but they were just a few years ago. They're the real deal, super comfortable, great gas mileage, and quite reliable. Low maintenence, with hydraulic lifters, separate tranny oil-engine oil, smooth quiet belt drive, fuel injection-really just change the oil & ride it. You don't have to become a chrome loving biker to ride one, just do your own thing. Harleys aren't hard to get anymore, so dealers are dealin' BTW, my last cruiser was a Honda VTX1300C-a great bike, one of my favorites i've had, but I miss my Harleys. At least go test ride one-really. my 2cents- Glenn

I don't think you can even get a Sportster for that price now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just looked on their website-not currently offering the Superglide. They have the Street Bob (real similar)-$13,449 And even better the Lowrider-$14,199. Sportsters start out at $8249. Not a fan of the current Sportsters though. You know the old saying-"The 2 happiest days in a Sportster owners life-the day he buys it and the day he sells it" -kinda true for me, i'll take the big twins for the most part.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the suggestions! Funny you mention the dyna low rider...My Harley dealer quoted me $12,700 on a 2015 low rider
The ticket was marked $14,999, I was very surprised when he told us what price he would do for us. The bike is absolutely beautiful, but other Harley owners say they ride stiff. Its Definatly on the top of my list along with the yamaha stryker. harley is also running 3.99% witch I qualify for. as far as getting a boat I already have one lol
Keep all the suggestions coming....thanks again

·
Registered
807 Posts
Just looked on their website-not currently offering the Superglide. They have the Street Bob (real similar)-$13,449 And even better the Lowrider-$14,199. Sportsters start out at $8249. Not a fan of the current Sportsters though. You know the old saying-"The 2 happiest days in a Sportster owners life-the day he buys it and the day he sells it" -kinda true for me, i'll take the big twins for the most part.
I guess Im different. Ive had my sporty for almost 4 years now. Ive NEVER owned a bike that makes me smile as much each and every time I get on it. For me its plenty powerful. Plenty comfortable, done many 1000+ mile trips including an Ironbutt sadle sore 1000. Will do 2 up no problems, even loaded down with camping gear.
IMG_20140710_170219.jpg

And turns heads wherever she goes. I havent had 2 happiest days Ive had almost 1500 :)

IMAG0261.jpg

·
Registered
807 Posts
Never did answer the OPs question. Buy what ever stirs your soul :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
VMAX would be my choice as well. Have always been fond of them since 1985 and they have been beautiful since day 1. Just not a big road bike guy anymore, very happy now with my XT 250's and my TW.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts