TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still doing the "wheelie thing", can't seem to get a long, controlled, slow wheelie so I've been working on going a little faster. More speed seems to stabilize the left to right tipping. Maybe the way to go about it is to learn the easier, faster wheelies and try to slow them down. Having a blast and my worse injury was just hurt pride and grass stained jeans. This video is some practice in the front yard. Most are 2nd gear, the second wheelie in this vid is a 1st gear pop up and a shift to 2nd. The wheelie turn arounds are 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Being grown up may be overated.
OTOH I am glad that I was a chain distrubutor during my wheelie days!

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Please wear some safety gear bro. ;)

Reactions: Ken and scotti158

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow you're doing great. My fear is getting my legs tangled in the turn signals while trying to save myself when going over too far.
You must be taking a break from mowing that huge beautiful yard : )))

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I saw that. :) A set of elbow pads and knee pads might be nice. Even on the grass at low speed you can get hurt. What if you nailed your knee on a sprinkler head or rock? Not naggin at ya bro, but the faster you go (and you are going faster and faster) :p up's the chances of a crash :wacko: not to mention, what if the bike falls on you? Just be careful... B)

Had my gloves on.:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Looking great but that is what I call a "Hold my beer and watch this" Stunt. Let me know when you need a replacement rear tail fender and sub frame. I always had much better luck doing wheelies on my 2 stroke bikes in the 100-125CC class and loved spinning donuts on them because much lighter and easier to toss around.

GaryL

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looking great but that is what I call a "Hold my beer and watch this" Stunt. Let me know when you need a replacement rear tail fender and sub frame. I always had much better luck doing wheelies on my 2 stroke bikes in the 100-125CC class and loved spinning donuts on them because much lighter and easier to toss around.

GaryL
I agree with Gary , I could really wheelie my Hodaka Super Rat way back in the day & have a few scars to prove it. Lol

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I agree with Gary , I could really wheelie my Hodaka Super Rat way back in the day & have a few scars to prove it. Lol
The Rat was my wish bike. Mine was just an Ace 90 but I changed the sprockets more times than I can count to make it the wheelie king. I think I did just about every possible upgrade on that bike including over size piston and a different carb to wake it up so I could kill it again and again. At one point I had 3 Jugs, heads and piston sets and the local machine shop guy was big into Hodaka's and always kept me running. We would ride all day on Saturday, rebuild it that night and be ready to go Sunday morning.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow you're doing great. My fear is getting my legs tangled in the turn signals while trying to save myself when going over too far.
You must be taking a break from mowing that huge beautiful yard : )))
I removed the signals, the ground removed the rear fender.:eek:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I think you are doing great. I've never been able to do that... though I have many times but not on purpose.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
IN days long gone I used to be able to wheelie through 3rd gear and keep it up as long as I had a clear straight. The last time I ever did it and my foot slipped off the rear brake is some of the pains I live with to this day. You all go ahead and have fun and like I said, I'll hold your beers.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool, wish I could do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing wheelies is easy, not crashing, that's the hard part. Having 2 TW's helps also, a daily rider and a "beat it" bike. If I had just one, I wouldn't be doing this.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Still doing the "wheelie thing", can't seem to get a long, controlled, slow wheelie so I've been working on going a little faster. More speed seems to stabilize the left to right tipping. Maybe the way to go about it is to learn the easier, faster wheelies and try to slow them down. Having a blast and my worse injury was just hurt pride and grass stained jeans. This video is some practice in the front yard. Most are 2nd gear, the second wheelie in this vid is a 1st gear pop up and a shift to 2nd. The wheelie turn arounds are 1st gear.

That is pretty darn good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts