TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bet you didn't even know i was gone. i pulled the trigger on a 2020 tw today, sold my suzuki dr200 yesterday and the local yamaha dealer actually made a deal with me today. i have alwas had to drive 100 miles to deal on bikes because this guy here was alwas an A hole. so now i have something to do this winter, let the modding begin

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Of course I never really considered you gone even though you were experimenting with other makes & models. :grin:
thanks. i tried honda crf250l, suzuki dr200, yamaha xt225. some where close but none of them were T Dubs. can't wait to get the big wheels rolling

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picked up my new T Dub this afternoon. unlike the last tw i had, this one started up cold at the dealers, maybe i wont have to do full rejet on it. as soon as i sat on it, i knew i was home, so low and light this is going to be great. now i have a winter project, take it apart and set everything my way ( front forks, carb,rear rack, lights, seat, ect ) fun, fun, fun RIMG2945.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I’ll get flamed but: It needs a bit of skill to use off road. Then again I’ve seen AA riders ride 80/20 tires in an enduro just to demonstrate its skill more than the tire.

For a regular rider we call them the deathwing because they do not work the best off road (they suck) and a lot of people crash using them from front end wash outs. If your not a very very good rider who takes risk as a non factor and living is important, replace it.

What’s wrong with it that people always replace it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
these last few days i removed the forks and set the sag and topped up the fluid to 135mm. i'm just waiting for my new shinko 241 to complete that part. then i changed the bars and installed 2 in risers and installed my hand guards with flashing led signals. then set up the new flasher and installed 2 diodes for the indicator bulb so they all flash nicely. while the headlight was out i installed a led bulb, and removed those mouse ears signal lights. then i installed my dashboard with a usb/voltmeter, and switch to turn off the low beam headlight , and a ball mount for gps. so far everything is working out fine, good first week, a couple more to go

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

when i bought my first tw in 2014, my front death wing and i made it about 100 yards before it decided it didn't want to go any further. i was on the grass on one of our fields and i started across a wee bit of a rise and that was all it took, dam thing tried to kick out, didn't happen but it tried. they are such a crappy tire for anything slippery, that the dealer wouldn't even take it back. i tried to give it to him today and he said no

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yesterday, i pulled the carb and made note of what jets are in it so i can order a set one size larger. then i installed one washer under the needle and removed the cap on the idle mixture screw. it seems to start good and now it will idle after a few minutes with no choke. today i pulled the sub frame and bent a piece of 1 1/4 inch flat bar to fit under the last frame rail, you know the one that breaks after a cycle rack is installed. it's all welded in and just waiting for the paint to dry. while it is drying i pulled the spark arrestor and drilled a hole in the last baffle, just to see if i can get a bit of a different tone out of the stock muffler.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
today i finished up my rear cycle rack. i had to cut one of the mounts off, the one on the lower right leg, i've had trouble with that same leg on my last TW, but was fixable by bending the pipe. this one was so far off, the bolt wasn't even close to the hole. can't force them or else the rack won't sit square and it puts stress on the seat bracket. i also reinforced the cross member under the seat at the end of the frame with 1 1/4 inch flatbar. then i welded some flatbar on the rack so i can bolt to the signal light holes, which takes all the bounce out of the rear of the rack. i also welded some flatbar to the rack so i can bolt a tool tube on either side of the rack, and another piece of flatbar to bolt my new signals to under the rack ( which maybe too bright ) it's all finished now, thank you Santa for the early delivery, it took me all week to finish this project

Attachments

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finished up my dashboard today and put some strobing green road lights where the signals used to sit. they should wake up the bone heads that don't see me. the lights are connected to my high beam so no extra switches to mount

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts