TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I visited the Knoxville dealership a few weeks ago. They had several Thruxtons on the floor in black and silver along with a special red with white racing stripe job. To top it off it also had a Imola style fairing. The chipper salesman said I could swing a leg over it........ I sat there with a channeling Gary Nixon until my wife asked " Where do I sit?" Anyhow....Get One!!!! It's rolling moto art with spoke wheels and Brembo Monobloc brakes.

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Triumph – a well known British brand

Thruxton – a well known British racing circuit

Triumph Thruxton – a small car engine (1200cc) in a bike frame

Wake me up when they start to make smaller bikes again – until then, I’m content to let Darwinian theory take its course ……

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Triumph – a well known British brand

Thruxton – a well known British racing circuit

Triumph Thruxton – a small car engine (1200cc) in a bike frame

Wake me up when they start to make smaller bikes again – until then, I’m content to let Darwinian theory take its course ……
So you want a modern Cub?

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
No - but a simple 600/700cc twin would do a lot better on twisty roads - on that thing you'd have to slow down for the bends

I accept that my opinion has a lot to do with "concept allergy" - but 1200cc is the original "Gold Wing" territory - a "cruiser" - not a "cafe racer" ......

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
1000 cc is original Goldwing territory. Hell the second gens were only 1100 ccs. More like third gen Goldwing territory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I own a Yamaha FZ07 - inline 700cc twin. I love the bottom end torque. It's not a bike I'd go long distance touring on, but for a daily driver... I love it.

The Triumph Thruxon R is the twice-the displacement (almost), well equipped (suspension, braking, fly by wire), and far more refined equivalent bike to mine. They may lose you in the straights, but you'll catch them in the twisties.

Ever since your post, I've been watching videos about this bike, and I'd trade my FZ07 in a heartbeat for this bike. But $16,000 (after fees) says I'll keep my bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looking at most low mileage used ones available, the price points are very doable. Not looking at the 1200 "R" versions. They're quite a difference in price. Ones I'm looking at are 900's (886 actual). Beautiful machines and not crazy fast. It may be a few months off but gotta have one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts