TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got like 1300 mi on my TDub now, and an enjoying the bike immensely. I've done a few mods, like a 15t counter sprocket, Blaster shock, and supermoto front fender.

I wanted to show here off, so let me know what you guys think...

This is on my first ride. Like 5 mi on her here...

After the mods... She sits good now.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Your bike looks good. Resembles another bike in here...

Did you keep the front forks stock? It looks like you have a little bit more travel.

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
Darn near twins! Nice job 530-TW. Course I can tell them apart by the exhaust...unless 530-TW, you upgrade that too, and slight color difference on the graphics!

I think I'd make a rear shock mod upgrade if the wife rode on the back more. If it would make a difference on how low it sat.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I believe that 530's is a 2010...mine is a 2008.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, did you get the kickstand length issue worked out? If not, you could send me yours, and I'll extend it for ya. Let me know, I'll PM you my address.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Great looking T-dub! I like the way it sits with that rear shock.

I also like that front fender but I have kept from doing it to mine because I know I'll be throwing lots more mud and debris on the trails here in Oregon...

Anyone running a high front fender have input on this?

·
Registered
426 Posts
TW kicks ass, just really sucks that it can't hold 55-65 in certain situations. when the hell are they gonna do a TW300-400!! Still lightweight, and plenty of power to easily hold 65 mph up a mountain with a top speed of probably 85-95. Perfect DS bike.

·
Registered
459 Posts
530-TW ... How does your bike handle now with the steeper rake on the forks? I'm curious if it feels any different.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
[quote name='530-TW' date='23 June 2011 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1308858486' post='20830']

Mine is an '09

How do like that slip on Brock?

I love the pipe. I noticed the additional power the moment I got on the bike.

In terms of the rake, I need to even it back out with the hybrid forks. On the trail it wasn't as noticeable, but on the streets it is annoying. I just need a place to work on it with the right tools and ample space.

DeMarko helped me with the kickstand and it works great.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I went to a 15-50 gearing and had no problem keeping it around 55-60 on the blvds around my town in San Diego area before I put on the blaster shock. If fact, I still don't have much problem getting it up to 60, I just don't want to do it and get pulled over here in AZ.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to a 15-50 gearing and had no problem keeping it around 55-60 on the blvds around my town in San Diego area before I put on the blaster shock. If fact, I still don't have much problem getting it up to 60, I just don't want to do it and get pulled over here in AZ.

I run the same gearing, and where I live, elevation changes drastically. Its about a 1000' drop from home to work, in about 8 mi. It is mountainous to say the least. With that in mind, and the fact I weigh 200lb+, the bike does fine. 40-50mph is the average speed around these roads, and I've had her up to 70. Sure there are some steeper grades where you gotta shift a lot, but its really no prob.

As far as the rake, its not that bad. Hasn't really changed the way I ride, but I would like to level it out. The rear only sits about an inch higher than stock when your on it.

Hey Brock, did you have to jet after the pipe addition? I really want to get either the pipe you have, or the DG one... I just need more funds! Ha!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 TW. I'm interested in doing the raised front fender, how is it done? Looks simple but just wanted to see how other folks did it.

Also the blaster shock in the rear, this must change the handling of the bike right? It is extrememly noticable or a slight difference?

How hard is that mod to do?

thanks,

Heidi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is there a part number for that blaster shock? I have a 96v and it needs to be a lil higher .

Thanks alot .

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I made a list of all the different Blaster shock part numbers. Try the search function. I'm not sure of the differences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts