TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
winter's so sexy at first, but then the frigid attitude gets to ya.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
33 and sunshine in West Central Ohio this afternoon .... looks like a bit of a warm up to the 50 degree mark by tomorrow, then moderating for a few days, until mid next week, when winter returns....My first Baseball Game to umpire is set for March 18th ... not a freaking chance!!! It would have to hit 70 and be sunny with some wind for the next 12 days just to make a dent in the snow and dry things out...and that ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile I await the arrival of the ordered 2014 t~dub at Honda East, and hopefully when it arrives, the warm{er} temps arrive with it.:cool:

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Me and Bucknutz sat our dumb asses out on a frozen lake with 20 inches of solid ice under us. Don't think it got much above 20 degrees all day and it is 5 right now and going down. I am so ready for this crap to be done I can't use the words to express my attitude here. I'll hit 62 in less than a month and all I want for my BDay is a temp of 62. I think my Dubs wants to bite me every time I go by them in the frozen garage.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You people in the sw need to be nice and not post those rediculous warm temps on the forum. You know it just infuriates those of us that live in the wet/damp, or cold snow areas of the country. Have some pity on us please. At least it has warmed up here but the rain is just been pounding us. Flooding in all the major waterways. It will subside, but in the meantime, we have to read what a wonderful time you are having in the desert. Actually, I am so looking forward to going your way soon and joining in having some rides in northern Ca and doing the red rock in Utah. Just know this. I am taking names and will be in contact in the future.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
You people in the sw need to be nice and not post those rediculous warm temps on the forum. You know it just infuriates those of us that live in the wet/damp, or cold snow areas of the country. Have some pity on us please. At least it has warmed up here but the rain is just been pounding us. Flooding in all the major waterways. It will subside, but in the meantime, we have to read what a wonderful time you are having in the desert. Actually, I am so looking forward to going your way soon and joining in having some rides in northern Ca and doing the red rock in Utah. Just know this. I am taking names and will be in contact in the future.
I have to argue this one with you Plum! The fact that I live in a frozen tundra and you live in a rain forest is no fault of those who live in year round riding conditions. Their posts in January and February of gorgeous rides sure do stab deep but they give me hope. I have lived in the north east all my life and hated winters. When I retired I moved to Florida and it was great until around June and July when the heat and humidity about killed both of us. We movedp back northward up to Kentucky and found the climate much more to our liking but just could not stand the way of life there. We finally moved again right back to home here in NY. We still hate it here but it is home and it is really only winter that hurts along with a few other real issues such as taxes, liberals, government, taxes and did I mention liberals. I am not sure there is a perfect place to pull up your stakes and move to. Florida has a bunch of displaced north easteners who moved there to duck the high taxes and liberal BS in the state they left. Too bad when they get there the first thing they do is start demanding all the same crap that caused the high taxes and turn liberal in the process. It won't be long before Florida is just as bad as the entire NE.

I love mountains and the four seasons. A good deal less winter would suit us fine. Kentucky and West Virginia seems like a good alternative and do have the right weather and very pretty countryside. Too bad there are far too many who have not gotten over this north/south crap and are still fighting a war. By the way, don't even think about finding some interesting back woods trail to explore in that part of our country. You could easily find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time and never be found! The movie Deliverance was not that far from reality but it's more likely you will stumble into a cash crop or some other venture that can turn bad quick. Kind of like crossing the border in to Mexico or Iran.

TWs are pretty cool here in NY for exploring back woods trails. We have millions of acres of great riding. Too bad most of those acres are state owned land, paid for by our taxes but off limits to tax payers on any motorized vehicles. Did I mention TWs are pretty cool because if you can ride, chances are the authorities won't be able to catch you if you don't stop.:rolleyes:

GaryL

·
Registered
132 Posts
TWs are pretty cool here in NY for exploring back woods trails. We have millions of acres of great riding. Too bad most of those acres are state owned land, paid for by our taxes but off limits to tax payers on any motorized vehicles. Did I mention TWs are pretty cool because if you can ride, chances are the authorities won't be able to catch you if you don't stop.:rolleyes:

GaryL[/QUOTE]
Ahh, "dirty riding" as I call it. The ol'Tdub is just as good at a hasty retreat from a forbidden trail to a road as it is good for finding a "trail of opportunity" along side of the road. Hmmm.... Summer fun....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
GaryL, Sorry to hit a sore spot, just teasing.

I totally get it about the heat and humidity. did airborne training in August at Ft Benning Ga. Not a fresh drink of water anywhere, they put salt in it. My hat rim, armpits and shoes turned white from it from sweat.

When I say taking names, it is because I look forward to meeting folks in other areas of the country for advice and hopefully get to meet and ride together.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts