TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally sheared off Betty Boop's left foot peg last weekend. Cumulative impacts had cracked and torn the frame mounting tab. However all seems good now with new I welded 12mm nut, frame and an additional 8mm retention bolt.
Many of my formerly fun easy routes have seen significant erosion making some sections a struggle.
Apologies for video's title block using the template while omitting my verbiage, will edit eventually. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
2:24 - Nice dismount - I like your style - (fuck that, fall over if you want to, I'm outta here)

What is it with you and foot pegs anyway - you must hold the world record by now ......

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been avoiding a tear down to get at underside to correct a stress fracture for some time now with band-aid tack welds. A couple of good blows and they would break, or tear crack more & bend peg back.
With tank & seat off could flip her over and properly weld from bottom safely yesterday.
Now hoping that fresh paint will hide minor stress fractures on the Ricochet since I don't weld aluminum. :p

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Beautiful riding area despite it's knack for putting the hurt to your peg. My hip muscles would have been screaming having to hold up my leg on the way home. Good thing for you it was easier. You make it look effortless riding over/through some of those bouldery sections. Looked pretty steep and nasty at the point you dismounted. Very intimidating.

Here's a new signature line I'll give you. May sound familiar but fitting in this case.

A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a foot-peg should be entirely irrelevant? haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice riding!! Just watching I was breathing about the same! :)

How far did you have to ride without the peg?

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode maybe 12 miles without a left foot peg.
Camera just doesn't capture how steep things were at times. Once starting some of the single tracks aborting and turning around is not really an option. So we just soldier on scraping against the entrenched sidewall rocks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
“That’s no good”
Lol. Where are you riding? Looks very similar to a lot of the riding in UT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I rode maybe 12 miles without a left foot peg.
Camera just doesn't capture how steep things were at times. Once starting some of the single tracks aborting and turning around is not really an option. So we just soldier on scraping against the entrenched sidewall rocks.
Impressive to say the least! My hats off to 'ya!

And, watching the vid yesterday, and listening to the engine..... I knew those were some good climbs.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These eroded trails are just outside Reno, NV.
A hint as to steepness can be seen around minute 3:10 where my legs and feet seemingly sticking forward are actually fairly vertical trying to guide the descent and while hopefully staying safely up out of the trench. Jolt at 3:25 is peg suffering the final insult completely pulling the 12mm bolt head through the weakened frame tab.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Impact Method For Easy Peg Removalvde

There was actually an inch long finger of torn frame sticking out after the peg assembly came off I could rest a bit of boot on. Nothing heroic then to limp home then alternating foot on cover, finger, swing arm of in the heavy sagebrush unintentionally drug behind me.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts