TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here just rig up a simple bag for the tail? Since I don't have a rack yet, I decided to just take a small bag that I had and tie it onto the tail using paracord - secured to the tie-down nubs under the tail. Seems to work just fine - not a very big bag but allowed me to carry a couple bottle of water and my phone, etc. without having to use the assault pack. The pack does work fine though for small grocery loads and such... but I didn't want a pack on today for my short trip. Here's the tdub showing the bag - sitting on the Natchez Trace just south of French Camp, MS.

The Trace is perfect for the TW - speed limit is 50 miles per hour. This parkway is beautiful running through the middle of Mississippi.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good and obviously gives you some good carry capacity. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That's cool, and I like your testing grounds, too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - yeah, the Trace is the perfect place to ride - runs all the way from Natchez, MS (go figure) to just southwest of Nashville. I really like the fact that I can get to it on a state highway and then take it down to the Jackson area. Looking forward to the break-in being done so I don't have to worry about running it for longer periods steady - and get better gas mileage. I'm getting 66 MPG during break-in with a lot of up and down RPM's.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I use a bag strapped onto my homemade luggage rack. I keep a CO2 tire inflator, leatherman tool, water, cell phone etc. in it. The nice thing about a bag is I can unstrap it a put in on my KLR650 if needed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Before buying a cyclerack and installing an Actionpacker, I used a bicycle top bag for a pannier rack. Worked great! Just enough room for a few essentials.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Necessity is the mother of invention!

Or so I've heard :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have a rack on mine yet. This weekend I just tied a duffle onto the tail with rope. Was plenty sturdy and worked out just fine. Last week I was in wal mart and saw this. It works great, even with the handlebar pad. Big enough for bottle of water, phone, cap, and various other items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts