TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Every time the thread pops to the top of the list
my heart skips a beat..
Oohhhh boy is this the day we get a new tank.... LoL
Well maybe someday ...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
@Westieterrier .... any other updates since their meeting?

Patiently waiting with 🤞.
Hey Speedy, from my last contact with Daniel Carlos, engineer at IMS, in April they started design work with a template. Feel free to send them an email for an update, though I doubt you’ll get anything close to an eta at this point. I’m psyched we made it this far. Patrick

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hopefully, someone's gotten their TW to them by now. I'll send them an email. Want to be careful not to "bug them", but show we're still out here interested & hopeful.

Personally, I'm not in a huge hurry for a tank, but it'd be nice to get a green light from them if they decide to make one. Then I'll be in a hurry for it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
I followed up on this today with Daniel at IMS. Here is his reply to me as follows:

Hi Tommy, I haven’t had an update on this project in a few weeks now since things have been so busy here, but we did ask to have a look at one local riders TW200 to see how difficult it would be or how much space there is to build an oversized tank for it. I haven’t spoken with management in a few weeks now on an update for that, but I should know more around the end of this month.

We better not bug him too much. One of us can check with him again for a progress report come June.

Who was it that took their bike down there?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I followed up on this today with Daniel at IMS. Here is his reply to me as follows:

Hi Tommy, I haven’t had an update on this project in a few weeks now since things have been so busy here, but we did ask to have a look at one local riders TW200 to see how difficult it would be or how much space there is to build an oversized tank for it. I haven’t spoken with management in a few weeks now on an update for that, but I should know more around the end of this month.

We better not bug him too much. One of us can check with him again for a progress report come June.

Who was it that took their bike down there?
Thanks for posting this, as I hadn't emailed Daniel yet, so now I'll digress.

Daniel didn't say they had looked at anyone's TW, so question is have they?

Seems there was 2 guys here on the forum that mentioned they could. Time to find them, and inquire. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I can help out too. I live about 15 minutes from IMS and work just up the freeway. I currently have two gas tanks sitting in my garage they can play with, and I can bring them my bike to look at (once I put the engine all back together!).
Hey you! Yeah....YOU! 😀

Have you had any contact and/or taken your bike by there?

If not, what you waiting for!?!? ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
I got the impression someone had. But who?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I’m betting someone at IMS has a Tdub, a lot of D37 riders have them “for their wife”
One of the fastest turned me on to his TW and at the time I thought he was joking, rode it and bought one.
IMS makes a quality product I have one that is 17 years old and still works as new with no leaks and frequent crash tests.
I need 2 large TW tanks ASAP and could buy the Clarke today but am waiting to see if IMS will deliver

·
Registered
2004 TW200
12 Posts
Hey you! Yeah....YOU! 😀

Have you had any contact and/or taken your bike by there?

If not, what you waiting for!?!? ;)
Whoa, whoa, whoa buddy. I just got my bike back in one piece. 😉

I think above the OP said IMS told them they’d reach out if they needed one.

That said, if anyone has intel that they need a bike, I am happy to drop mine off there!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just a bump.
Any new information regarding this new tw tank ?

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
I talked to Dan 2 days ago. They have been super busy and he forgot to ask the higher-ups at the company as to where this project stands. He said check back with him in a week or so and he would try to have an answer. Problem is...I may forget to check back with him...haha so please one of you guys feel free to contact them and inquire in a week or so.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mike, Tommy......Great minds think alike.....rethought of this thread 2-3 days ago.

Tommy, thanks for the follow up. Are you calling or emailing?

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
Mike, Tommy......Great minds think alike.....rethought of this thread 2-3 days ago.

Tommy, thanks for the follow up. Are you calling or emailing?
Emailing

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Bumpity bump bump
I need to order a tank soon.
Holding out for the ims..
I may have to order the junk Clark tank..
Come on IMS don't let us down...
I need to order something by September...

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
He said check with him in about a week. I checked with him 10 days ago. I've also lost his email address, so how about one of you shooting him an email? He said he would know more when we checked next.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I’ve emailed them twice now and have not received any response.
Wrote about the fact that they have been making this bike nearly unchanged for 30 years and it deserves a special tank…. nada

121 - 137 of 137 Posts