TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history. Some may remember when I posted some pictures of Weasel and I getting ready to go to Big Bend. Well, in that post I told how Weasel and I went for a "test ride" and had to leave Weasel's then 13 year old brother sitting in the shop because he was without wheels. As I said, when we rolled out I felt bad for him, I could see the desire for a machine of his own, I remember well those feelings too. Shortly after that post I got a PM from Tinman Tim saying maybe he could help out in that regard. So we started a campaign with Shortstop's (Harm's) parents. Harm needs a TW for his 14th birthday, which just happened to be this Thursday. Well, the parental road proved rocky, but finally they came through, so last Sunday, cash in hand we made the trek over to Tinman's to see what he had in inventory. It was perfect. Tinman is a great guy too, and his panniers he makes are true pro quality. Long story short, we headed back with another TW. We didn't get to give it to him until yesterday. Cool time for sure. Thanks to Tinman for being so helpful and of course my brother and Sis in law for providing the necessary cash. And of course his grandmother chipped in for the rockin' Fly helmet. Man, it is so simple to get a grandmother to finance a helmet for a grand kid. :D

View attachment 5331 View attachment 5332 View attachment 5333 View attachment 5334 View attachment 5335

Yea, The Borneo has both nephews on TWs. Sweet, my work is done. :D Plus I have another companion for the Michigan Cycle Conservation Club Rites of Spring ride in two weeks...although Harm needs a bit of practice. You all remember the video of his first ride in Texas, when he stalled out in the road? Well, the minor clutch control issues remain, and the slow speed turns look a bit wobbly, but he is putting it together. Heck he may be a pro by now since I have a feeling he probably put a hundred field miles on it yesterday after I left. :D

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those who missed it a while back, here is a repost of the video of Harm's first ever TW ride on Weasel's machine. We will have to strap the Go Pro on him as he rides little blue.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
looks like a very clean '94 rainbow warrior, great present. good on ya uncle!

·
Registered
20,499 Posts
I wonder how many more miles Shortstop rode in his dreams last night. That must be one happy young man.
Thanks to "Uncle Borneo" and Tinman's noble work we now have one more young blood riding . Awesome.Maybe get him registered and posting so we can give him a big welcome. Then we can lower average members age.
Good job, now to just keep him safe as he builds skills. Don't want Granny's new helmet to get any scratches for many a year.

Reactions: frog13

·
Registered
503 Posts
Glad to see the kid on the bike. Was great to meet you Borneo. Tell the kid that i'll be keeping an eye on him. Slow down and don't mess it up!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heart warming comments guys, thanks. Fred, I love ya, all the rest I appreciate it. Tinman, thank you for helping making it happen. It was a good day.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Well done...another one addicted to the 2 wheeled creature. Awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts