TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear beloved brother Russ,

I dedicate this post to you. We miss you so much around here Russ. I want you to know that you had a huge influence on me with your wonderful spirit. Your willingness to help and teach us all, really made the forum what it is today. You were always patient and kind no matter how many dumb questions we had. You never made fun of anyone at their expense just for a laugh. Although you had a brilliant mind regarding the TW and it's workings, you never acted like you knew everything and held it over us. You shared so willingly and helped anyone who asked. You truly were a very special man. I learned a lot from you, as well as most of us. Dear Russ, thank you for all you did for us here and May God Bless You.

Your little Gina just keeps rolling along. She loves you dearly and will always miss you bro. We all rush to help her anytime we can (or when she will let us..ha ha) and we are so proud of her, I'm sure you are too. She's a pretty tough gal bro.

I will be looking for you someday when I go through those ''Pearly Gates'' of heaven Russ. Please meet me there, so I can shake your hand, give you a hug and tell you I love you. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please feel welcome to post any comments on how Russ helped you or made an impact on your life!! :)

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Please feel welcome to post any comments on how Russ helped you or made an impact on your life!! :)
I purchased the first Lizrd oil cooler that Russ mailed out.

A few days later I was surprised to get a call from him.

He wanted to know if I had received the cooler and if the packaging was sufficient.

It was....and then there was about a half hour more of "TW talk". :)

jb

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Nice post LT! I purchased two coolers from Russ, one for my bike and the other for Bucknutz. I believe mine is now installed on Z divers TW out where it is most needed. Russ was a class act and he did call me to explain the install and we talked for close to an hour about all things TW. GinaMarie is just as much of a class act and blessed me with some needed parts after his death. Russ dissected these TW right down to the very last bone and had the foresight to post much of what he learned right here for all of us to see.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While looking through my past threads started while looking for a historical picture thread I had started some time ago, I ran across this one again and I just want to say again what I did earlier.

Russ (lizrdbrth) I still miss you and love you brother...

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice post LT! I purchased two coolers from Russ, one for my bike and the other for Bucknutz. I believe mine is now installed on Z divers TW out where it is most needed. Russ was a class act and he did call me to explain the install and we talked for close to an hour about all things TW. GinaMarie is just as much of a class act and blessed me with some needed parts after his death. Russ dissected these TW right down to the very last bone and had the foresight to post much of what he learned right here for all of us to see.

GaryL
Russ was truly incredible, I think he even knew exactly to the number, how many parts, nuts and bolts were on one too!! :eek: :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
When I first started to consider adding the TW to my collection, I found this forum and spent weeks pouring over all the advice and general information. I think I found the 'old' forum first... and remember being really impressed with the amazing knowledge freely offered here. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was a true community. By the time I bought the TW and started posting, Purple People Eater was doing her cross country tour. It took me a while to make the connection and understand why... and I felt like the bottom dropped out of my stomach. I'd just read one of his posts moments before. How could it be possible...... :eek:

The magic of the internet and forums like this means members will continue to live on, offering sage advice, jokes and tutorials, long after their souls have departed. I am grateful to a man I never had the privilege to meet or speak with for sharing so much. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
128 Posts
LT that made my day...lurked here reading lots of his helpful hints...it was a sad day to see. Lizardbrth will post no more...thank you for keeping all in your thoughts...hopefully we can all try to remember.God doesn't give you the people you want... he gives you the people you need... to help you...to hurt you...to leave you...to love you and to make you the person you were meant to be.....

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the time, I had noticed that my posts were approaching the same number of his final post. :( So, I made sure I was paying attention when it finally got here. I just thought it was appropriate to honor him again. He was a wonderful example to me in more ways than I could explain. You don't often meet a man like Russ. I don't know if he was a Christian man or not or believed in something else; but the "fruit" that grew on "his tree" sure made me believe that he could have been.

I still want to give him a big bear hug, shake his hand and tell him "I really love ya braa". Now, I don't know if that will really happen, but I'm about 99.9% sure it will; and I can't wait. :p

And Russ; thanks again braa.... :) ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well then you better stay home and keep quiet.

Those numbers say that just you and qwerty alone make up 8.1% of all posts. Interdasting.
Y'all, know I'm a big blabbermouth... :p

I don't look at the "ratios" of anything around here, but, now I'm a little embarrassed. :eek:

***Are you one of those very gifted individuals like TWilight, (<< a sincere compliment) who can just glance down at a box of spilled toothpicks and instantly know how many of them are there? :confused:

Reactions: SanDue and TWilight
1 - 20 of 21 Posts