TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
have a 2021 TW for about a year. Fun little cycle that gets me out and brings me back grinning for a few days. Problem is, my location. On the Indiana/Michigan border near Niles, there isn’t a lot to do nearby but farm lanes, RRs and dirt roads and probably trouble. Thinking of a small trailer like an Ironton 40 x 48in and pulling the bike to places nearby for overnight camping (1-2 nights) and fire road/forest road, single and dual trail riding. Tons of snowmachine trails around here but bikes not allowed. About the closest I can think of would be the Manistee National Forest area of around 500,000 acres.

Does anyone have experience screwing around up that way or other suggestions? Not real big on busy motor parks, tons of loose sand and the like.

Thanks

--marc

·
Super Moderator
20,702 Posts
All I can say is join us in Moab and open your horizons. As I too have moved to the east, there is no comparison to riding in the west. I guess I will be doing a lot of road tripping.
Brother Plumb, I just noticed that I joined the forum just 4 days after you did. Man O man, we've been here a long time, haven't we? ha ha 😄

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is join us in Moab and open your horizons. As I too have moved to the east, there is no comparison to riding in the west. I guess I will be doing a lot of road tripping.
Believe me, anywhere Colorado/southwest would be great but unfortunately, the situation will not allow. Why I want something more local and thinking someone around here may have hints.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Greetings,
have a 2021 TW for about a year. Fun little cycle that gets me out and brings me back grinning for a few days. Problem is, my location. On the Indiana/Michigan border near Niles, there isn’t a lot to do nearby but farm lanes, RRs and dirt roads and probably trouble. Thinking of a small trailer like an Ironton 40 x 48in and pulling the bike to places nearby for overnight camping (1-2 nights) and fire road/forest road, single and dual trail riding. Tons of snowmachine trails around here but bikes not allowed. About the closest I can think of would be the Manistee National Forest area of around 500,000 acres.

Does anyone have experience screwing around up that way or other suggestions? Not real big on busy motor parks, tons of loose sand and the like.

Thanks

--marc
If you got a little time you can look back at this thread from Hoot, Montezuma, and Borneo's Great Lakes Ride from the Summer of 2015...Montezuma and Hoot rode to outside Auburn, Indiana, where Judge Borneo's Ranch is located...we eventually took 3 TWs on a 1500 mile ride and Ferry Crossing through most of Michigan, the Northwoods, of Wisconsin, and the UP {Yooper}...July and August 2015...it was a great ride and adventure:

2015 Summer Upper Great Lakes Ride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts